Refreshing layer slow on resizing simbology

Assigned to lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com by me

xavi rayo

Sep 27, 2022, 9:51:43 AM9/27/22
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!
In my mapstore application, I have a few vector layers served by geoserver that are refreshed every 10 seconds. My problem is that when the layer refreshes, the point or the line get very big for half a second and I don't know how to solve this. It's like everytime the layer refreshes it needs to load the symbology again from 0.
Any idea how to solve this?

thanks a lot!

xavi

Lorenzo Natali

Oct 3, 2022, 10:06:02 AM10/3/22
to mapstore-users
Hi,
without being able to replicate locally, it is not easy to give you an answer.
Can you provide a running example of this issue, with code,
so we can figure out the exact problem and find out a solution or identify an issue?

Thank you

xavi rayo

Oct 6, 2022, 1:30:58 PM10/6/22
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lorenzo,
thanks for your answer. I'm using the refreshing tag in my map editing directly the database, which I guess I should not do, but it is working. After checking my environment I found that I was loading 3 points layers with about 1500 features each, every 10 seconds, and that's what was making everything going slow. Now I have created a line with those points (coming from a Postgis database) and it is going better, so I think it is solved.

Thanks again!

Missatge de Lorenzo Natali <lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com> del dia dl., 3 d’oct. 2022 a les 16:06:

Lorenzo Natali

Oct 10, 2022, 3:30:58 AM10/10/22
to mapstore-users
Great to know.

Francesc Tasies

Nov 8, 2022, 12:33:53 PM11/8/22
to mapstore-users
Hi Xavi,
I'm also trying to have a realtime map with a layer refreshed in my MapStore application. I'm a bit lost, could you explain a bit more how you achieved it?

Thanks a lot
Francesc

El dia dijous, 6 d’octubre de 2022 a les 19:30:58 UTC+2, xavi...@gmail.com va escriure:

xavi rayo

Nov 14, 2022, 5:26:43 AM11/14/22
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francesc,
I managed to make it work follong the instructions given https://groups.google.com/g/mapstore-users/c/oiWzXMtDe04 on this thread. Once I made it work, my main problem was that I needed to have that map in the main maps list, so I created the map creating a mymap.json (modifying new.json) and then saved it so it appear in my maps list. The main problem is that when you save it, the Refresh tag disappears, so you have to edit the database directly, which is not very comfortable. The saved maps are stored in the geostore.gs_stored_data table from the database and the tag used to refresh is ,"refresh":10000 as said in the thread. For me, the main problem is that when you do a modification in the map, let's say, add a new layer, and save it, that tag disappears again, and you need to add it manually again. Maybe it could be a nice improvement to leave that tag there, but it must be something with the save map tool, and I don't really know how it works.
Maybe someone else can help us with that.

I hope that helped,

xavi

Missatge de Francesc Tasies <tas...@gmail.com> del dia dt., 8 de nov. 2022 a les 18:33:

Francesc Tasies