Customization options without rebuilding (language, css, images)

Joro Penchev

Sep 24, 2021, 1:52:00 AM9/24/21
to mapstore-users
Hi guys! Thanks for your great product!
We have a war installation of MapStore and I am looking for ways to customize it without having to rebuild the war and work from the source. Thanks to editing localConfig.json and index.html I have made some customizations but ideally, I would like to:

- add a new language (I have read the documentation but is it possible to add a new language without rebuilding? Best I can come up with is change the translation files and the localConfig labeling for say, Spanish, and replace the flag file, to make it look like another language).

- Add some links and text on the homepage, ideally under each of the maps in Featured or ContentTabs. In particular, I want to add a link to download the GIS data via WMS and WFS for each map (because it is pretty buried away in the UI once you open the map). But the Maps plugin doesnt seem to support that level of customization. So I was wondering if there is any plugin I can use to inject custom text on the homepage?

Additionally, I am confused about how to remove e.g. GeoStories from ContentTabs.

Thanks!
Joro