Installing MapStore on Linux VPS

ankit...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2015, 10:58:47 AM6/29/15
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi There,

I’m trying to install MapStore and other GeoSolutions services on a Linux VPS.
  • After deploying GeoServer.war on Tomcat7, I've installed war files of GeoStore, http_proxy, MapStore, Opensdi2manager, and servicebox (as part of Mapstore binary package).
  • I have unzipped the geostore_cfg.zip (provided by GeoSolutions) into folder: <Tomcat>/webapps/geostore/WEB-INF/classes
  • To configure the opensdi service, configuration file (provided by GeoSolutions) was copied into the following folder: <Tomcat>/webapps/opensdi2-manager/WEB-INF/classes. The file needs edit to change the baseConfig.baseFolder to point to an existing folder where file will be uploaded by the template plugin. Can someone please let me know, how can I change the path ‘ J:\\Develop\\apache-tomcat-6.0.41\\uploads’ for Linux?? I tried various combinations, but didn’t work!
  • I also can’t Start both Servicebox and GeoStore.

Thanks in advance.
Ankit

Mauro Bartolomeoli

Jun 29, 2015, 11:21:14 AM6/29/15
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
HI Ankit,

Hi There,

I’m trying to install MapStore and other GeoSolutions services on a Linux VPS.
  • After deploying GeoServer.war on Tomcat7, I've installed war files of GeoStore, http_proxy, MapStore, Opensdi2manager, and servicebox (as part of Mapstore binary package).
  • I have unzipped the geostore_cfg.zip (provided by GeoSolutions) into folder: <Tomcat>/webapps/geostore/WEB-INF/classes
Since you are on linux, you will probably need to assign permissions to the unzipped files, so that the tomcat user can access them. You will probably also have a permission problem when GeoStore tries to create its H2 database. Do you have any error in the tomcat logs?

  • To configure the opensdi service, configuration file (provided by GeoSolutions) was copied into the following folder: <Tomcat>/webapps/opensdi2-manager/WEB-INF/classes. The file needs edit to change the baseConfig.baseFolder to point to an existing folder where file will be uploaded by the template plugin. Can someone please let me know, how can I change the path ‘ J:\\Develop\\apache-tomcat-6.0.41\\uploads’ for Linux?? I tried various combinations, but didn’t work!

You should create an uploads folder in a location that is writable by tomcat. Something in /var should be good (for example /var/opensdi/uploads). Be sure to create the folder and give it write permissions for the tomcat user.

  • I also can’t Start both Servicebox and GeoStore.

Do you have any specific error in the logs?

Regards,
Mauro

--
==
==

Dott. Mauro Bartolomeoli
@mauro_bart
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
fax:     +39 0584 1660272

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

ankit...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2015, 3:11:19 PM6/29/15
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com, mauro.bar...@geo-solutions.it
Thanks Mauro for a quick reply.
  • You are right, there were user, group permission issues. I've assigned tomcat7 as user, group ownership within all webapps folders and files.
  • However, I'm still unable to Start GeoStore and Servicebox within Tomcat.
  • Also, first login username and password both as 'admin' for mapstore/manager give me invalid.
  • Below is my catalina.out log:

Jun 29, 2015 2:25:07 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc
SEVERE: The web application [/geoexplorer] registered the JDBC driver [org.sqlite.JDBC] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
Jun 29, 2015 2:25:14 AM org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase stop
INFO: The stop() method was called on component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/geoserver]] after stop() had already been called. The second call will be ignored.
Jun 29, 2015 2:25:15 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig undeploy
INFO: Undeploying context [/geoserver]
Jun 29, 2015 2:25:18 AM org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase stop
INFO: The stop() method was called on component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/geoexplorer]] after stop() had already been called. The second call will be ignored.
Jun 29, 2015 2:25:30 AM org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase stop
INFO: The stop() method was called on component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/geoexplorer]] after stop() had already been called. The second call will be ignored.
Jun 29, 2015 2:28:28 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol pause
INFO: Pausing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
Jun 29, 2015 2:28:28 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stopInternal
INFO: Stopping service Catalina
Jun 29, 2015 2:28:28 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol stop
INFO: Stopping ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
Jun 29, 2015 2:28:28 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol destroy
INFO: Destroying ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
Jun 29, 2015 10:35:24 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat7/common/classes], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Jun 29, 2015 10:35:24 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat7/common], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Jun 29, 2015 10:35:24 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat7/server/classes], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Jun 29, 2015 10:35:24 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat7/server], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Jun 29, 2015 10:35:24 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat7/shared/classes], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Jun 29, 2015 10:35:24 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat7/shared], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Jun 29, 2015 10:35:25 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]

Thanks in advance,

Ankit