Customize map URL

Assigned to lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com by me

facundo p

Jul 11, 2024, 1:44:16 PM (6 days ago) Jul 11
to mapstore-developers
Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if there's any way to personalize the url that Mapstore assigns to each individual map, beyond the context name and map ID number. We are running a mapstore instance hosting multiple maps for different users and would like to be able to group certain maps by modifying the URL tha mapstore generates for these maps. This would be useful to setup certain filters at the network level, outside Mapstore.
Currently, Mapstore creates these URLs depending on whether the map is made in a particular context:
  • <instance-name>/mapstore/#/viewer/<map-ID> for maps made in the default "desktop" context configured in localConfig.json
  • <instance-name>/mapstore/#/context/<context-name>/<map-ID> for maps made in a particular context
Is there any way to add properties to the map during map creation that would be shown as additional fields in the URL? These maps could be made in different contexts so this would be alongside the entry showing the context name. For example:
  • <instance-name>/mapstore/#/intranet/viewer/17
or
  • <instance-name>/mapstore/#/internet/contextA/224
If there's any way to add to the process by which Mapstore generates the individual URLs please let me know. Also, just some insight as to where these URLs are generated so we can try to extend the Mapstore code would be plenty useful.

Thanks in advance,
Facundo Pedreira
Municipality of Montevideo

Lorenzo Natali

Jul 12, 2024, 3:46:00 AM (5 days ago) Jul 12
to mapstore-developers
Hi.
take into account that network filters usually can not work with the part after "#" of the URLs.
For this reason, you may need some not trivial investigations and development to do it.
Let's hear if someone already tried to do it from the community