View Rotation possible in Mapstore

Michael Steigemann

Oct 29, 2021, 11:46:05 AM10/29/21
to mapstore-developers
Hello MapStore-Developers!

I wanted to ask if view rotation is possible in MapStore? Is it possible to activate the openlayers feature shown here: https://openlayers.org/en/latest/examples/rotation.html

Thanks for your short feedback and all the best,
Michael

Michael Steigemann

Oct 30, 2021, 6:54:09 AM10/30/21
to mapstore-developers
Hello!

In the meantime I have found out that it is possible to activate the OL rotation via "altShiftDragRotate": true in localConfig.json

Right now my labels and icons are laying on the side ;-)
So now I would like to know if it is possible to tell mapstore to send the angle parameter to GeoServer: https://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/services/wms/vendor.html.

In addition I would like to start the map at certain rotation angle. Is it possible to configure this?

Once again thanks for your Feedback and all the best,
Michael

Michael Steigemann

Nov 21, 2021, 4:47:01 AM11/21/21
to mapstore-developers
Dear mapstore developers!

In the last days I have upgraded my projects to release 2020.02.00 and like it. Thank you very much for your work!
The improvement of the geolocate tool is very useful for my usecases. As I have seen from the blog there are further improvements planned (https://www.geosolutionsgroup.com/blog/mapstore-release-2021_02_00/).
"... The user experience for mobile device has been enhanced a bit with the GeoLocate tool that now shows the direction in the map while the subject is moving. Further improvements will be provided in future releases so that also the orientation will be managed accordingly..."

Will this feature also cover to send  the angle parameter to GeoServer: https://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/services/wms/vendor.html. ?