Line style for vector data

Assigned to lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com by me

himanshu tambe

Sep 30, 2021, 10:56:18 AM9/30/21
to mapstore-developers
Hello There,

I can see we support the line color and line thickness for vector line data in MapStore.
I need to know, if we support line styles (like doted line, dash line etc).

Thanks
Himanshu

himanshu tambe

Oct 5, 2021, 1:13:52 AM10/5/21
to mapstore-developers
Any one ...any suggestion, please?

himanshu tambe

Oct 8, 2021, 12:16:27 AM10/8/21
to mapstore-...@googlegroups.com
I will appreciate any help, please.

Thanks
Himanshu

Matteo Velludini

Oct 8, 2021, 3:25:41 AM10/8/21
to mapstore-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

you can try using in the style object
"dashArray": ["6","6"] for dashed lines
"dashArray": ["1","1"] for dotted lines (i guess)
i hope this can be helpful

Arvid Janssen

Oct 18, 2021, 4:58:20 AM10/18/21
to mapstore-developers
Coincidentally, I am just having about the same question as Himanshi.
I tried advanced styling on a wfs feature layer, I wanted the wfs to have a dashhed line. But it does not seem to work. It seems to me from the documentation that this functionality has yet to be developed, because it says there 'advanced style options is supported only as a property of the single feature object, not as global style'.
Do you perhaps have any clues about how the mapstore2 program code can be further developed to enable dashed lines etc. as advanced styling for a wfs layer in Mapstore?

Siddiki Aboubakar

Oct 25, 2021, 11:09:51 AM10/25/21
to mapstore-developers
Hello to the Mapstore community. I want to have a selective caption like on QGIS where you can check an option of a caption of a layer that you have applied the categorization or the graduation.

Lorenzo Natali

Oct 27, 2021, 3:44:42 AM10/27/21
to mapstore-developers
Hi,
vector layers do not actually support categorization. Usually we use for this WMS layers, with Style Editor, that provides classification

Arvid Janssen

Oct 27, 2021, 7:22:06 AM10/27/21
to mapstore-developers
Hello Lorenzo,

I do understand that vector layers don't support classified symbology. That is not what I meant.
It seems to me that it is not possible to apply advanced styling even to a 'single feature' styling of a vector layer.I can use a wms for every single feature dashed line layer, but this makes the web viewer a lot slower if I want to use more layers with dashed lines..
I have tried to apply the 'dasharray' styling tag to the single feature styling of a wfs vector layer (in the xml definition of a map in the geostore database). But it seems to me that symbology is not applied. The vector line remains solid.

It seems to me from what is written in the documentation that styling with advanced properties is only allowed for a vector layer in which the styling is applied on a 'feature-by feature' basis. Contrary to 'a global style', a styling which is applied to a whole vector layer.
Are you suggesting that applcation of a advanced styling to WFS vector layers is actually working? In that case I have to wonder what I am doing wrong. Because I can't seem to get it to work.

Lorenzo Natali

Oct 28, 2021, 5:57:34 AM10/28/21
to mapstore-developers
Here I attach a sample map with a sample vector layer, with 2 features, one line and one polygon, where the dashed style has been applied.
I obtained it by extracting data from a map edited using annotations tool (simplifying a lot) and exported. You can import it and verify it works with dashed array.

Please let us know if something is not aligned with the documentation, so we can fix it.
Thank you for your contribution.

map.json

Arvid Janssen

Oct 28, 2021, 1:38:58 PM10/28/21
to mapstore-developers
Thanks for your answer. I understand the example with a vector layer defined feature by feature as a json object. But I am interested in styling a wfs layer with a dashed line. Styling of a wfs layer is described here:
https://mapstore.readthedocs.io/en/2020.02.xx/developer-guide/maps-configuration/#wfs-layer
Is it possible to appy advanced styling to a wfs layer? The documentation merely says that a 'marker' styling can be used, and does not seem to provide many possibilities for styling.
I like the Mapstore application but to me it seems there is no possibility of properly styling wfs layers. Which makes usage of wfs services not feasible. I am interested in how this can be improved.

Lorenzo Natali

Oct 29, 2021, 4:45:45 AM10/29/21
to mapstore-...@googlegroups.com
You are right,
at the moment linedash is not supported for WFS layers. You can apply only a simple style like in the style editor of layer settings.
"style": {
"weight": 5,
"color": "rgb(73, 255, 0)",
"opacity": 1,