prominent Layer Style Switcher

Florian Hoedt

Jun 22, 2020, 12:37:26 PM6/22/20
to mapstore-developers
To switch the style of a layer you have to perform several not intuative clicks:

1. Layer Settings

2. Style
3. pick style
4. save

For a simple user it is hard to tell, that you have to open the layers settings and to 'save' a style, just for getting it displayed. This is not an action with does any CRUD task, but simply changes some frontend styling of your data - therefore it should be as easy as changing the basemap or scale.

We would like to propose the following changes to the user-experience:

In conjunction with the floating / dockable dynamic legend widget (see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mapstore-developers/19trkb0IlN4) we would propose that hitting the 'side arrow' will trigger a style switcher dropdown for that layer. Currently this arrow is used to display the legend of the mentioned layer.

What does the mapstore dev community think about this kind of ux update?

Mauro Bartolomeoli

Jun 23, 2020, 11:27:32 AM6/23/20
to mapstore-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian,
we are currently designing an update of the styler UI. We have in mind a simpler UI, indeed. We are aware the current one is not optimal.
Your suggestions are very helpful for us to decide how to move forward.

Mauro

Regards,

Mauro Bartolomeoli

==
==

Dott. Mauro Bartolomeoli
@mauro_bart
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy

mobile: +39 393 904 1756
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.