How to use GeoServers vctor tiles in VTM

Majid Hojati

Apr 29, 2018, 10:31:11 AM4/29/18
to mapsforge-dev
Hi,
Is there posibilities to load geoservers vector tiles in mapsforge? It rpovides MVT pbf formats but I have no idea if we can use them in VTM?

Emux

Apr 29, 2018, 10:38:40 AM4/29/18
to mapsfo...@googlegroups.com
If they provide vector tiles in the known formats, then can be decoded by VTM and be rendered with available map styles..

Though probably would need to create the proper request according to what the server expects for input, in order to produce the vector tiles as output.

--
Emux

Majid Hojati

Apr 29, 2018, 10:59:31 AM4/29/18
to mapsforge-dev
Thanks very much, which examples should I look at for this purpose? As I am a bit confused about class structure of mapsforge. thanks very much
Also can you please take a look at this question too?
with the best
Majid

Emux

Apr 29, 2018, 11:03:21 AM4/29/18
to mapsfo...@googlegroups.com
Probably mean VTM (not Mapsforge).

Need to study carefully library API to see how it works and can be extended with new providers.

--
Emux

Majid Hojati

Apr 29, 2018, 11:07:40 AM4/29/18
to mapsforge-dev
Yes I meant VTM, Thanks very much
Message has been deleted

HILEM Youcef

May 17, 2021, 1:53:10 AM5/17/21
to Mapsforge & VTM
Hi,
What is missing to integrate the Geoserver source?

Thanks
YHM

Emux

May 17, 2021, 3:29:37 AM5/17/21
to mapsfo...@googlegroups.com
You may need a custom tile source to translate the GeoServer into valid tiles to be rendered with this map library.

osmdroid-wms has an implementation, you can study and customize it.

--
Emux