calimoto uses Mapsforge!

Sebastian Dambeck

Jun 23, 2016, 9:43:48 AM6/23/16
to mapsforge-dev

We launched calimoto - the app for motobiker. Right now it is only available in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. You can check it out here.

We´re using Mapsforge to display the maps. Thanks for the great work, especially @Emux!

We adapted the Mapsforge library a little bit and to be compliant with the LGPL we made a public repository.

Emux

Jun 23, 2016, 9:54:43 AM6/23/16
to mapsfo...@googlegroups.com
On 23/06/2016 04:43 μμ, Sebastian Dambeck wrote:
We adapted the Mapsforge library a little bit and to be compliant with the LGPL we made a public repository.

Any improvements or fixes that could benefit the community, you can post pull requests to check them.

BTW why not forking Mapsforge and commit on it, so that the final changes are clearly visible, instead of a single commit of the whole custom code without history to compare?

--
Emux

Sebastian Dambeck

Jun 23, 2016, 10:42:05 AM6/23/16
to mapsforge-dev
We dont work internally with Github. So we made just one commit.

As i said we made just some small improvements. I think the biggest relevant change is the creation of a Polyline-BBox to prevent the call of the OnDraw method everytime (e.g. if the Polyline is outside the VIewport).
The other changes are needed to integrate better with ou app.

Emux

Jun 23, 2016, 1:11:28 PM6/23/16
to mapsfo...@googlegroups.com
I updated the applications list.