POI missing in database

Dmitry Mylnikov

Sep 29, 2020, 8:02:41 AM9/29/20
to Mapsforge & VTM
Hello, it seems some POI missing in *.poi database. I checked search of "springs" using
- LocusMap with OAM POI (is it based on MapsForge POI?)
- Cruiser with OAM POI
- Cruiser with MapsForge POI

I used POI files from here:
http://download.openandromaps.org/mapsV4/Russia/Caucasia.zip (2020-09-12)
https://download.mapsforge.org/pois/russia/north-caucasus-fed-district.poi (2020-07-10)
I used latest LocusMap and Cruiser

E.g. it is impossible to find these springs using POI search:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3363990453
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2843724345
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2868352160
Actually I able to find only about one third of all springs. Also checked couple other maps of Russia, result is the same.

Emux

Sep 29, 2020, 8:13:17 AM9/29/20
to mapsfo...@googlegroups.com
For Mapsforge POI you can see the included poi in the poi-mapping file.
(there is the natural=spring)

For OpenAndroMaps POI you need to contact them.

--
Emux

Emux

Sep 29, 2020, 8:17:06 AM9/29/20
to mapsfo...@googlegroups.com
Probably because only the POI with names are included by default in the databases.

Could recreate them with poi-writer and names=false option to include all of them.

--
Emux

dim

Sep 29, 2020, 8:41:21 AM9/29/20
to Mapsforge & VTM
> Probably because only the POI with names are included by default in the databases.
Seems to be true, thank you!