Variable tag values serious Bug

Christian Kernbeis

Oct 12, 2021, 6:57:10 AM10/12/21
to Mapsforge & VTM
Hi Emux,

I'm currently setting up a much more powerfull RenderPC and switch to V5
As a first step I seperate REF Tags of Highways for resolving mtb/cycle/hike ways.

Up to now I combined these route-refs into the REF Tag of the way.

Now I store these inherited REFs from RouteRelations as seperate tags and have set

ref_mtb=%s
ref_cycle=%s
ref_hike=%s

This works fine, or worked fine till I provided a map for testing of GreatBritain.
So I inherit the ref tag from cycle relation to the referenced way a ref_cycle=.
This works great as long these REFS have values like "EV12" "R1" "DCW" etc

I UK most NCN routes have REFs with numeric values.....
And these values for "REF" are skipped by MapsforgeV5 cause a ref like "539" isnt treated as string "539" but !!_IMO_!!! as a numeric 539.

In short: Variable String %s Tags do not work cause no one can ensure that a string doesnt contain a number in some cases somewhere in the OSM-DB.

Discussion in OAM-Forum:

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Christian
OpenAndroMaps.org

Emux

Oct 12, 2021, 7:13:28 AM10/12/21
to Mapsforge & VTM
Hi Christian,

As mentioned in the forum header: the old forum is closed.

For reports please use the Discussions in each repository:
https://github.com/mapsforge/mapsforge/discussions

--
Emux