mapsforge release 0.3.0

Thilo Mühlberg

Mar 18, 2012, 2:49:22 PM3/18/12
to mapsforge-dev
“Good things come to those who wait“ – we are happy to announce the new
0.3.0 release of the mapsforge library. Main innovations are:

- Introduction of the new render-theme API [1]
- Customizable map styles via XML configuration files
- The render-theme can also be changed at run-time
- Improved binary map file format [2]
- Reduced file size due to more sophisticated encoding
- Better handling of complex polygons
- Removed limitations regarding the stored map data
- Added more meta data to the file header

Please see the official changelog [3] for a more detailed description.

Almost nine months have passed since the last mapsforge release. This
time was necessary to organize a new project layout and to restructure
the different components. We have refined the scope of the project to
focus on those parts which we are actively developing.

A notable change was the introduction of Apache Maven as build system.
This makes it much more convenient for developers to participate in the
project. It also allows us to publish new versions more frequently due
to the simplified release process. We created a wiki article [4]
containing more information on the new build process and how to get
started with developing.

You can find the new version of the mapsforge-map library, as well as
the new map-writer plugin for Osmosis in our download area [5]. A new
version of the AdvancedMapViewer application for Android together with a
few sample map files is also available. In addition to that we have
published an update of our online Javadoc API [6].

Our download server [7] provides regularly updated map files for many
more regions. Please note that the now deprecated map files for version
0.2.4 will be removed after a grace period of 3 weeks.

We would like to thank all the people who contributed with patches, bug
reporting and testing. Also for the future, your help via our issue
tracker [8] or our mailing list [9] is very much appreciated!

Have fun with the new software!
Jürgen and Thilo

[1] https://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/wiki/RenderThemeAPI
[2] https://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/wiki/SpecificationBinaryMapFile
[3] https://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/wiki/Changelog
[4] https://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/wiki/GettingStartedDevelopers
[5] https://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/downloads/list
[6] http://mapsforge.googlecode.com/svn/tags/0.3.0/javadoc/index.html
[7] http://download.mapsforge.org/
[8] https://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/issues/list
[9] https://groups.google.com/group/mapsforge-dev

signature.asc

Bajoo

Mar 18, 2012, 7:39:22 PM3/18/12
to mapsforge-dev
WOW! Sounds awesome :D. I'm hoping for a national cycling routes
theme :).
> signature.asc
> < 1 KBAnzeigenHerunterladen

sylvek