OSMGeoWeek Mapathon/Hack Day

Brian DeRocher

Nov 14, 2017, 1:06:41 AM11/14/17
to mapp...@googlegroups.com

OSMGeoWeek Mapathon/Hack Day

This Wednesday, November 15th 7pm to 10pm

https://www.meetup.com/MappingDC/events/244263116

The week of Nov. 12 is OSMGeoWeek (http://osmgeoweek.org): OpenStreetMap Geography Awareness Week, so let's get together and do some good!

This event is a choose-your-own-adventure style meetup: we have a few suggestions for projects to work on but feel free to suggest or bring your own! Please bring a laptop with a mouse.

• The D.C. area has a lot of features labeled “historical” that are probably long since gone -- former schools, churches and so on. We set up a Tasking Manager task to go through and find and fix them: http://tasks.openstreetmap.us/project/102
• Look at your own neighborhood on OpenStreetMap: What’s missing? What’s changed? What’s wrong? Often things the map is a little out of date, let's fix it!
• Map for a humanitarian project at http://tasks.hotosm.org : lately there has been lots of need for mapping for the hurricanes in the Caribbean, plus other longer term humanitarian efforts. We can help get you going!
• Other ideas? Let us know!

Brian

--

Brian DeRocher