Review Request Spreadsheet - a suggestion.

Imu

Mar 3, 2013, 7:35:00 AM3/3/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com
Dear Experts & Mappers,

Good evening. I find Review Request Spreadsheet is a very useful tool to get our edits approved quickly. On the other hand, those of us who wants to contribute by reviewing others' edits can find the pending edits easily and provide inputs. I find it rather useless to attempt a review of the edits of those area which I don't know at all or I don not possess any local knowledge. But mere looking at the links in the  "Link to Pending Edits" (column C) it is nearly impossible to find out which area that edit concerns, until one opens that link. Although, irrespective of known areas, there are grammatical and methodical errors to be reviewed as well.

In this connection may I make a suggestion to include a column in the Review Request Spreadsheet where mappers will include the area/neighbuorhood of their edits. It may be in the column "D" of the spreadsheet.

Thnx.

-- Imu.

Arman Khossain

Mar 3, 2013, 9:20:24 AM3/3/13
Dear Mr. Imran,

Thank you for your thoughtful suggestion.

We have used the method you proposed from initiation of the sheet up until June 2012 where, as you have suggested, there was indeed a Column D which mentioned the Region of the editor's contribution. However, the column was discarded since July 2012. I was not involved with the forum back then, so I cannot reply why the column was discarded, but my guess would be that expert reviewers didn't need a regional column anymore since they reviewed all sorts of features throughout the country, the attributes and naming conventions across the country are mostly the same.

The new Map Maker interface introduced a way to subscribe to changes within a neighborhood of your preference, you can learn more about it here. If you are particularly interested in reviewing edits from a neighborhood of your choosing, this should is what you should do. On doing so, click on a neighborhood after subscription via Show changes in My Neighborhoods and select In Review on the left. You can subscribe to any political region, be it a sub-locality, locality, city or a country.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards.

P.S: You linked to our Review History spreadsheet, not the Review Request Spreadsheet.