Chittagong MapUp

Md. Alamgir

Jan 19, 2013, 12:31:30 AM1/19/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com
I am happy to announce that the proposal for Chittagong MapUp has been approved and the budget for Venue, Internet and Food cost has also been approved. The only thing is pending is travel/accommodation for Advocate/RERs. I am bargaining for it.

Inshaallah I will be in Bangladesh by the end of February and I plan to host the event in a hotel like Zaman hotel or other place on last week of March. Can you please let me know which date you prefer?

I would also be grateful if someone from Chittagong help me providing some information about the venue so that I can finalize it announce the registration form.

Thank you for your help.

Avijit Roy Kabyo

Jan 19, 2013, 1:11:37 AM1/19/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Md. Alamgir
Thats really a good news... :)

Thanks and Regards,

Hasan Shahed

Jan 19, 2013, 2:02:52 AM1/19/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Md. Alamgir
It's a very good news. Date is not a problem for me.

Regards,
Hasan Shahed

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Md. Alamgir via Mapping Bangladesh <mappingbangladesh+noreply-APn2wQ...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Arman Khossain

Jan 19, 2013, 2:58:49 AM1/19/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com
Incredible news, good news for Chittagong.
I can make time as long as it is in March, if it extends to April-May, I won't be able to attend.

Pinak Dey

Jan 19, 2013, 3:46:04 AM1/19/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Md. Alamgir
It's really a very good news & happy to listen this.
I like to help you how much I can.

Regards
Akar Dey Pinak
Chittagong.
Cell- 01937208551

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Md. Alamgir via Mapping Bangladesh <mappingbangladesh+noreply-APn2wQ...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hedayetur Rahman

Jan 19, 2013, 7:58:55 AM1/19/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Pinak Dey
Obviously good news.

--
Sincerely Yours
Md. Hedayetur Rahman

Saad

Jan 19, 2013, 8:21:39 AM1/19/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com
Wow! Another map-up!! Its really a good news for BD mappers! :)

sumon sarkar

Md Akter Hosen

Jan 19, 2013, 9:58:33 AM1/19/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm from Chittagong, I would like to help you on this.
If you need a venue like Zaman hotel, its not perfect for long sessions. If you want to do work for 3/4/5 hours then its fit. But if you need longer time then you may ask for some community centre in town which are more cheap. I hope i can help you to find out one for you. Otherwise if you need only for one day then there are also lot of commercial spaces like Hotel Agrabad, Peninsulla, Golden Inn etc. But their price are so high. I have some sources, they can manage the best as your recomendation. Please provide me some info on it, so that i can discuss about it. Or you can call me on my phone: +8801678054078 & +8801553242432

Dawood Karim

Jan 19, 2013, 12:51:35 PM1/19/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Md Akter Hosen
Dear Alamgir Bhai,
I am really sorry for my extreme official and family business, due to which, I could not attend in any discussion in last few months! Furthermore, I couldn't perform well due to bad speed during working in Google Mapmaker! Today Hasan bhai called me and informed me about this big event for my Chittagong and I don't want to stay out of it! You will find me with you!
Before selecting the venue we must know about the budget and number of participants, and these will help us to select the size of the hall room and which one would work fine.
Hope to see you all soon.
Regards
Dawood Karim
RER for Bangladesh

Best Regards and Thanks

M. Dawood Karim
International Member ASTM, USA, Member no: 1148946
Member ACI (American Concrete Institute), USA, Member no: 01181819
Assistant General Manager (Quality Control & Assurance) &
Head, Production Promotion Department
Royal Cement Limited
Kabir Manzil
Sk Mujib Road,Agrabad C/A, Chittagong 41 00
Bangladesh
Tel:  +88 031 724 195
Fax: +88 031 727 055
Cell: +88 018 19 320 600
Email: daw...@royalcementbd.com, royal...@gmail.com
Web:  http://www.royalcementbd.com

ROYAL CEMENT
A Brand of Excellence

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic mail message, including any attachments, is/are
and privileged information.  Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
message.

MD TANWIR ADEEB

Jan 19, 2013, 8:21:31 PM1/19/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Md. Alamgir

Hey this is adeeb from chittagong, I would love to help you about any info about venue. But precisely what kind of info do u want...any date is good for locals I thiink. Thanks
Adeeb

Md. Alamgir

Jan 19, 2013, 8:43:02 PM1/19/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of MD TANWIR ADEEB
Dear all,
Thanks for your quick responses.

About the venue our approved budget is 10,000 BDT. We will need the venue for 4/5 hours and participant will be maximum 50. We will also need to use multimedia projector and sound system (if the venue has no such facilities we can hire them). Depending on the venue availability we can choose either 28th or 30th March or even 31st March.

Please suggest me a best possible venue.

Best Regards
Md Alamgir
Map Maker Advocate and RER for  Bangladesh
Bangla Wikipedia

Altaf Uz Zaman

Jan 20, 2013, 12:25:24 AM1/20/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ)
Dear Alamgir Vai,

Great that you are arranging a MapUp at Chittagong. It seems we are going to have more MapUp events this year than we thought.

Regards,
Altaf Uz Zaman

Shahriar

Jan 20, 2013, 2:24:33 PM1/20/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com
What a great news! Really looking forward to attend and do my best to arrange the program :)

Md. Alamgir

Jan 22, 2013, 8:48:17 PM1/22/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Shahriar
Dawood Bhai, Akter Bhai and Adeb Bhai,
If you get some free time can you please let me know know about some potential venue within our budget?

Best Regards
Md Alamgir
Map Maker Advocate and RER for  Bangladesh
Bangla Wikipedia

Avijit Roy Kabyo

Jan 22, 2013, 9:50:57 PM1/22/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Md. Alamgir

Thanks and Regards,
--------------------------------
Avijit Roy Kabyo

Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this email, ask yourself: "Do I need a hard copy?"

Arif Shahriar

Jan 22, 2013, 11:06:43 PM1/22/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Md. Alamgir
Dear Alamgir bhai,

So far I know, the LGED building (Sholoshohor) has a wonderful and specious conference room which could be hassle-free and within the potential budget. I can talk to them if you want me to.

Best Regards
Shahriar

Dawood Karim

Jan 22, 2013, 11:57:30 PM1/22/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Shahriar
I have attended a seminar in the LGED building and its good for 30+ people, and not sure whether they would allow us for this. Shahriar Bhai can sort that out!  Alamgir bhai, can you please let me know the budget!
Thanks
Dawood

Dawood Karim

Jan 23, 2013, 12:01:30 AM1/23/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Md. Alamgir
Sorry Alamgir Bhai,
I have seen the budget! May be LGED Seminar hall is OK for that!

Arif Shahriar

Jan 23, 2013, 12:06:33 AM1/23/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Dawood, caroline wilkinson
Dear Dawood bhai and Alamgir bhai,

I have some contacts. I can not assure you right now but I can try my best.

Regards
Shahriar
Shahriar Muhammad Arifur Rahman
MSc, Climate Change
University of East Anglia,
Norwich, United Kingdom.

Md. Alamgir

Jan 23, 2013, 7:11:00 AM1/23/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Shahriar, caroline wilkinson
Dear Shariar Bhai and Dawood bhai,
Can you please check its availability so that I can mention it in registration form. From overseas it is somewhat difficult for me to find a suitable place. Initially I planed to host it in Chittagong University but for better management I am looking for another venue.

Sorry for bothering you.

Best Regards
Md Alamgir
Map Maker Advocate and RER for  Bangladesh
Bangla Wikipedia

Arif Shahriar

Jan 23, 2013, 7:42:57 AM1/23/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Md. Alamgir
OKay Alamgir bhai. I'll let you know within 2/3 days.

Shahriar

Jan 28, 2013, 2:28:08 AM1/28/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alamgir Sir,

Could you please let me know the budget for food? LGED has some provision as such that if you take food from them, you can use their conference hall (for a 4 hour program it is of 15000 BDT- though I didn't bargain yet). I have got the similar offer from the Ambrosia Restaurant (Agrabad) as well. As you already said, for venue you have 10,000 BDT, I want to see the added up cost for venue+food. Could you please let me know asap?

If not here, please knock me in person.

Regards
Shahriar

Md. Alamgir

Jan 28, 2013, 5:11:21 AM1/28/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Shahriar
Dear Shahriar,
Thanks for your kind help. Don't worry about extra 5,000 BDT for the venue I think it is easily manageable. Just confirm any one of these two which is better suited for 50 attendee for the workshop and catering services. We will combine the cost for venue and food supply.

We have really a very good budget approved for food (fried rice, chicken fry, Beef chilly, prawn salad, soft drink, mineral water and coffee).

I will need to announce date and the venue officially in the registration form. Google will send gifts for attendee based on registration so please let me know which venue is better so that I can open the registration form. If you send me your cell number I can call you as well.

Thank you again.

Best Regards
Md Alamgir
Map Maker Advocate and RER for  Bangladesh
Bangla Wikipedia

Arif Shahriar

Jan 29, 2013, 5:44:10 PM1/29/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Md. Alamgir
Dear Sir,

Yesterday (29th) I went to LGED and talked to them about the 50 attendee workshop. There is a meeting room in the 6th Floor which can accommodate 50 participants and will costs 10,000. They don't have a very good sound system and don't have projector.

Again, I have got positive response about ambrosia as well. According to the manager of Ambrosia, if we take food from them (which is good I guess) we can use their spacious hall-room for free. They have projector and good quality sound system.

Now the decision is yours.

Feel free to call me at 01717153711.

Regards
Shahriar

Md. Alamgir

Jan 29, 2013, 8:27:29 PM1/29/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Shahriar
Dear Shahriar,
Excellent. I think we should choose
Ambrosia as they have everything ready. I will call you later today.

Best Regards
Md Alamgir
Map Maker Advocate and RER for  Bangladesh
Bangla Wikipedia

Pinak Dey

Jan 30, 2013, 10:12:50 AM1/30/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Md. Alamgir
Wish to participate on the Chittagong Mapup. So let me know when will you guys arrange this mapup?

Aminul

Jan 31, 2013, 2:27:16 AM1/31/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com
Very good news

Shafi ul Alam

Jan 31, 2013, 11:07:36 AM1/31/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com

Ashraful

Feb 7, 2013, 12:01:25 PM2/7/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com
ভাল খবর ।

Moshiur Rahman Masud

Feb 10, 2013, 5:11:00 AM2/10/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com
Nice...!!!

Md. Alamgir

Mar 12, 2013, 9:27:02 AM3/12/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
I would like to thank all of you who have showed your interest for the MapUp filled the registration form. We have already got more than sufficient responses and it is time to close the registration form. Sorry for closing the registration without any prior notice.

Now we will select the attendee and contact them soon.

Just today I have come to know that Google is unable to send the swag in time due to some custom issues. So I am actively thinking an alternative date so that we get the gifts from Google before the event.

I hope that I will be able to provide updated information soon.

S Hasan Rejvi

Mar 12, 2013, 11:08:32 AM3/12/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Avijit Roy Kabyo
30th March তারিখ Ambrosia Restaurant এ ম্যাপআপ ইবেনটা কি হবে না Brother.... আর যদি হয় তাহলে  invitation পাব কিনা একটু জানাবেন .....ম্যাপ আপ ইবেনটে যাওয়ার খুব ইচ্ছা আছে ....

Md.Nasir Uddin Tipu

Mar 13, 2013, 12:44:25 AM3/13/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Rejvi
Dear Via,If possible any Govt.Holiday Like Friday.

2013/3/12 Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Rejvi <mappingb...@googlegroups.com>
30th March তারিখ Ambrosia Restaurant এ ম্যাপআপ ইবেনটা কি হবে না Brother.... আর যদি হয় তাহলে  invitation পাব কিনা একটু জানাবেন .....ম্যাপ আপ ইবেনটে যাওয়ার খুব ইচ্ছা আছে ....

Thank You
Md.Nasir Uddin (Tipu)

Regional Expert Reviewer(RER)
Google map maker
Bangladesh

Khurshid Sihab

Mar 14, 2013, 5:12:31 AM3/14/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alamgir vai,
I want to attend your MapUp. Please inform me what can I do for this.

Best Regard's
Khurshid Sihab

Tafsirul Alam

Mar 14, 2013, 7:17:04 AM3/14/13
to Mapping Bangladesh (ম্যাপিং বাংলাদেশ) on behalf of Khurshid Sihab
AsSalamu Alaikum Khurshid Sihab bhai,

Have you registered for Chittagong MapUp? If yes, then wait for the
confirmation mail before the event. If not, then can't attend because
registration is now closed as Alamgir bhai said.

Md. Alamgir

Mar 15, 2013, 11:47:21 AM3/15/13
to mappingb...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
Due to some unavoidable circumstances I need to postpone Chittagong MapUp. So there will be no MapUp event on 30th March. I will announce another date when everything is fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.