Spring Dependency in Setup

Peter Hancox

May 8, 2013, 4:27:36 AM5/8/13
to mapp...@googlegroups.com
Having problems getting started with setting up mapperdao.

When attempting to run a test under ScalaTest I am getting a ClassNotFoundException if my code contains
a call to "Setup.H2(...)" but no indication of which class can't be found.

I notice that as soon as I include the call to Setup.H2 in my code, the eclipse problem view shows the following
message.  Remove the offending line of code and the message disappears from the problem view.

bad symbolic reference. A signature in Setup.class refers to term transaction in package org.springframework
which is not available. It may be completely missing from the current classpath, or the version on the classpath
might be incompatible with the version used when compiling Setup.class.

I have the following Spring related libraries on the classpath:
  • spring-scala-1.0.0.M2.jar
  • spring-core-3.2.2.RELEASE.jar
  • spring-expression-3.2.2.RELEASE.jar
  • spring-context-3.2.2.RELEASE.jar
  • spring-beans-3.2.2.RELEASE.jar
  • spring-aop-3.2.2.RELEASE.jar
  • spring-jdbc-3.2.0.RELEASE.jar
Has anyone come across this issue previously?

Running mapperdao 1.0.0.rc21-2.10.1

Peter Hancox

May 8, 2013, 7:55:23 AM5/8/13
to mapp...@googlegroups.com
Solved.  Problem was just missing "spring-tx" jar file as a dependency.

kostas....@googlemail.com

May 8, 2013, 1:08:33 PM5/8/13
to mapp...@googlegroups.com, mapp...@googlegroups.com
Strange, that should be part of mapperdao deps. Will have a look

Sent from my self

Peter Hancox

May 8, 2013, 6:33:34 PM5/8/13
to mapp...@googlegroups.com, kostas....@googlemail.com
Your dependencies are probably fine.

My current test environment merges a few of the technologies I'm evaluating for the stack and runs
via ScalaTest under Eclipse.  Consequently I'm manually configuring classpath for the ScalaTest
launch and missed that one.

Between maven, ivy, sbt that the various products use for build, it's a bit too easy to make mistakes
manually configuring the blended mix.

Tim Pigden

May 8, 2013, 6:42:26 PM5/8/13
to mapp...@googlegroups.com, mapp...@googlegroups.com, kostas....@googlemail.com
I have to say I've never had a problem with dependencies via Sbt

Sent from my iPhone

Peter Hancox

May 8, 2013, 6:48:59 PM5/8/13
to mapp...@googlegroups.com, kostas....@googlemail.com
Not a problem with SBT or any of the other dependency management / build products.

It's just that with multiple products in the technology stack I can't rely on them to set the
eclipse combined class path for a project that uses multiple products; consequently I've
been manually reviewing dependencies and merging them into the eclipse classpath for
the ScalaTest launch.