Projects that use MapperDao

Kostas Kougios

Apr 28, 2012, 6:40:08 PM4/28/12
to mapp...@googlegroups.com
MapperDao is a full featured, powerful ORM tool. Please feel free to post your story regarding using the library in your work or home project, providing links and any information that might help other users to adopt the library.

Kostas Kougios

Aug 7, 2012, 4:31:08 PM8/7/12
to mapp...@googlegroups.com
As the creator of the library I am also using it in a project for a web service with currently 40 mil pageviews/day or average. MapperDao takes care of loading of the most important entities of the application including lazy and eager loading related data along with been configured to manage the related hibernate based entities (via mapperdao's ExternalEntity feature).

Both Scala and Java entities are loaded via mapperdao and due to the heavy traffic for this service, all code is heavily optimised for performance.

MapperDao replaced the previous heavily-optimised jdbc code.

I'll do a full blog about it in the feature but for now I just wanted to drop a quick post in this forum.

Tim Pigden

Jan 26, 2014, 9:01:20 AM1/26/14
to mapp...@googlegroups.com
Using Mapperdao in several projects - one of which is going live shortly: an application to send messages advising people of when things will be delivered. Using postgres with a few schemas and a few tables. Fairly light in terms of accesses.

Matt Duncan

Oct 17, 2014, 5:00:40 PM10/17/14
to mapp...@googlegroups.com
Yo!

Just wanted to let you know the site I've been developing (with your wonderful help answering my questions) is live!

Gamefest is a platform for creating events and tournaments for video gaming oriented real world events. It provides a multitude of features akin to a CMS but with the added benefit of design towards gamers and gaming communities:
  • Registration and global accounts (for use at any event)
  • Profiles linked to game platforms such as Steam, Battle.NET, etc.
  • A payment system using Stripe for pre-registration of events
  • A tournaments system for use with teams and players
  • Global "teams" called Guilds for use in any event or tournament
  • Granular user roles at global, event, and tournament levels (for regular users, moderators, and admins)
  • Easy search and discovery for users, teams, events, and tournaments with filtering (and eventually sorting)
  • lots of other things I can't think of at the moment
A short summary of the technical aspects:
  • Front-end is built as an SPA using angular.js
  • Served using node.js
  • Back-end is a restful api system built using Scalatra
  • DB is mysql
  • Data persistence by mapperdao!

I can't share any code as we're not sure whether we want to monetize this yet but my goal is to eventually open-source the project!

Other than quirks with serializing persisted objects to JSON mapperdao has been a joy to work with! It's so straight forward but with access to so much configuration and power. I've enjoyed learning your library!

Konstantinos Kougios

Oct 17, 2014, 6:35:55 PM10/17/14
to mapp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt, thats a fantastic project, congratulations! Thanks for sharing here. I'll tweet it ;)