Mappa -- Move to Mercurial/Git?

Lars Heuer

Jan 8, 2011, 1:34:55 PM1/8/11
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Mappa seems to gain some interest lately and I wondered if it wouldn't
make sense to move away from SVN to make contributions easier (maybe
docs? :)). I thought about moving the source code to Github (Git) and
someone proposed lauchpad (bzr).

While I like Github I wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to stay at
Google Code and switch to a Mercurial repository. Actually, switching
to Mercurial seems to be very easy acc. to [1].

I like the issue tracker and the code reviewing functions provided by
Google code. Some projects use the issue tracker of Google code and
host the code at Github but I find that a bit confusing and I'd prefer
a central place for Mappa.

If nobody objects I'll convert the repository to Mercurial.

What do you think?

[1] <https://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/ConvertingSvnToHg>

Best regards,
Lars