docs or examples for Mappa?

chris

Oct 26, 2010, 7:30:47 AM10/26/10
to Mappa - Topic Maps
Hi there,

I am now trying to do some simple things in Mappa. For example, I
want to analyze a topic map I loaded, get some basic statistics.

And I want to display info about a topic, similar to what omnigator
does: Get all associations, occurrences, names etc.

Is there any place I can find some examples to learn how to do this
stuff? I have tried it the hard way by looking at the code and the
interfaces file, but it is slow going. Maybe somebody has some Mappa
based scripts lying around that do interesting things?

If anybody has something to speed this up, I would appreciate it very
much!

Chris

Lars Heuer

Oct 26, 2010, 3:47:07 PM10/26/10
to chris
Hi Christian,

[...]

> Is there any place I can find some examples to learn how to do this
> stuff? I have tried it the hard way by looking at the code and the
> interfaces file, but it is slow going. Maybe somebody has some Mappa
> based scripts lying around that do interesting things?

I am not aware of public projects aside from tmfs [1] that use Mappa.

The documentation is a mess, I know.

Regarding a topic page which lists names / occs etc: It should be easy
to create such a thing. Maybe I'll find time at the end of the week to
put something like that together.

[1] <https://code.google.com/p/mappa/source/browse/#svn/tmfs>

Best regards,
Lars
--
Semagia
<http://www.semagia.com>

Christian Wittern

Oct 27, 2010, 4:22:51 AM10/27/10
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lars,

On 2010-10-27 04:47, Lars Heuer wrote:

> I am not aware of public projects aside from tmfs [1] that use Mappa.

Ah, this is great. It show how to do some basic things right away.
Thanks. It would probably be a good idea to make this visible on the
Wiki or somewhere were it can be easily found. Maybe start a page with
some examples there?

> The documentation is a mess, I know.

Well:-)

All the best,

Chris

Lars Heuer

Oct 27, 2010, 4:36:46 AM10/27/10
to Christian Wittern
Hi Christian,

[...]

> Ah, this is great. It show how to do some basic things right away.
> Thanks. It would probably be a good idea to make this visible on the
> Wiki or somewhere were it can be easily found. Maybe start a page with
> some examples there?

Yes, good idea. Do you have particular topics in mind which should be
covered in the examples?

* Creating topics with names / occs
* Creating associations
* Iterating through the topic names / occs.

Other ideas?

>> The documentation is a mess, I know.
>>
> Well:-)

:) Mappa did not receive the attention it deserves this year. Too many
Java projects.