Flow Diagram

ltc.h...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2015, 2:59:28 AM6/25/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone:

Please, review the attached flow diagram, let me know if the Topic Maps Engine (i.e., Mappa)  project is realistic?

Regards,
Hal

Diagram v.2.pdf

Lars Heuer

Jun 25, 2015, 4:05:53 AM6/25/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hal,

> Please, review the attached flow diagram, let me know if the Topic Maps Engine (i.e., Mappa) project is realistic?

I think it's possible, although you need a step between the data analyzer and
TM engine which either converts the data into a Topic Maps syntax (i.e. XTM 2.1)
or you have to use the API of the TM engine. IMO a converter (or at least something
which provides TM-ish view on the data of the data analyzer) is more flexible
than using an API since it makes you independent of the engine's specific API.

Regarding the graphical output: Acc. to my knowledge, no Topic Maps engine has
built-in support to generate graphical output; Ontopia [1] (project page [2])
provides a Java Applet, though.

[1] <http://www.ontopia.net/doc/current/vizigator/userguide.html>
[2] <https://github.com/ontopia/ontopia>

Best regards,
Lars

ltc.h...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2015, 7:21:58 AM6/25/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lars,

Swap Mappa (TM Engine) in exchange for Ontopia, in the Diagram, because the 'input accepted by BokehJS is an object graph'?
Go to URL link at Bokeh for details on Bokeh input: http://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/dev_guide/bindings.html

Does Ontopia exports an object graph for BokehJS to render?

Thanks,

Hal

ltc.h...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2015, 9:41:26 AM6/25/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lars,

Can our group write a custom Python script code to convert Mappa output (Topic Map Engine) into object graph data?

Thanks,
Hal

Lars Heuer

Jun 25, 2015, 4:17:05 PM6/25/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hal,

> Can our group write a custom Python script code to convert Mappa output (Topic Map Engine) into object graph data?

Well, Mappa writes XTM (XML), CTM (syntax which is editable by humans easily)
and JTM (JSON). Either you convert any of the formats into the target format
or you can write your own serializers.

Mappa provides also a plugin system for (de-)serializers, the XTM
serializer [1] defines for example the following entry point:

entry_points="""
[mappa.writer]
xtm = mappaext.xtm
"""

The plugin-system isn't documented very well, but basically it expects
a unique name (xtm in this case) and the module where a function
"create_deserializer" could be found.

In case of questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

[1] <https://github.com/heuer/mappa/tree/master/mappa.xtm>

Best regards,
Lars

ltc hotspot

Jun 25, 2015, 9:32:55 PM6/25/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lars,

Is there a graphic analyzer that builds object graphs from a JSON library?

Regards,
Hal

Lars Heuer

Jun 26, 2015, 3:36:49 AM6/26/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hal,

> Is there a graphic analyzer that builds object graphs from a JSON library?

No idea, sorry. Maybe you can utilize JSON Topic Maps (JTM).

JSON Topic Maps specifications:

* JTM 1.0: <http://www.cerny-online.com/jtm/1.0/>
* JTM 1.1: <http://www.cerny-online.com/jtm/1.1/>

Best regards,
Lars

ltc hotspot

Jun 26, 2015, 3:41:46 AM6/26/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

Best regards,
Lars

ltc hotspot

Jun 26, 2015, 3:48:49 AM6/26/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Replace Mappa with JTM, pursuant to our group's diagram depiction?

ltc hotspot

Jun 26, 2015, 9:22:12 AM6/26/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lars,

We can use Mappa to post Meta text information on a  Google Map image from a Google Map.API?

Regards,
Hal

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 12:36 AM, Lars Heuer <he...@semagia.com> wrote:

Best regards,
Lars

ltc hotspot

Jun 26, 2015, 10:23:38 AM6/26/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lars,

Can our team write a Python script (i.e., XML, XML, CTM, JSON) that originates from Panda and ports into Mappa a data stream in the format of the targeted graphic analyzer?

Regards,
Hal

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 12:36 AM, Lars Heuer <he...@semagia.com> wrote:

Best regards,
Lars

Lars Heuer

Jun 26, 2015, 3:13:50 PM6/26/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hal,

> We can use Mappa to post Meta text information on a Google Map image from a Google Map.API?

I don't know. Out of the box this isn't possible.

Mappa knows how to handle topics (subjects like an individual human like "John Lennon")
and associations between these topics (John Lennon plays guitar for The Beatles).

It detects when two topics should merge since a Topic Maps constraint
for equality is matched and it can read, write and modify topic maps.

If you want to add the information, contained in the topic map, to a topographical
map (assuming your subject are topographical), you have to write a script which
does it.

Best regards,
Lars

Lars Heuer

Jun 26, 2015, 3:18:41 PM6/26/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hal,

> Can our team write a Python script (i.e., XML, XML, CTM, JSON) that originates from Panda and ports into Mappa a data stream in the format of the targeted graphic analyzer?

Mappa handles just Topic Maps and can read/write topic maps, Mappa
does not care how the data stream is created. You can push your data
directly into Mappa if you want; further you can iterate over the
topics and associations of the topic map to create any target format.

Best regards,
Lars

ltc hotspot

Jun 26, 2015, 5:54:33 PM6/26/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
thanks

Best regards,
Lars

ltc hotspot

Jun 26, 2015, 5:59:42 PM6/26/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
thanks

ltc hotspot

Jun 27, 2015, 10:17:51 PM6/27/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lars,

What Python  web-framework do you recommend for Mappa ,i.e., Bottle, Jelastic, Flask, Django, Logentries, Data Science Toolkit, etc?

Leaning towards Data Science Tool, because the tool includes JSON.

What Bokeh interface do you recommend to move meta data from Mappa's to Bokeh?

Again, leaning towards the Models Interface, i.e., http://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/reference/models.html

Regards,

Hal

Lars Heuer

Jun 28, 2015, 2:49:49 AM6/28/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hal,

> What Python web-framework do you recommend for Mappa ,i.e., Bottle, Jelastic, Flask, Django, Logentries, Data Science Toolkit, etc?

I don't have a recommendation although I doubt that Django provides an
advance since it is tied to its own models and Mappa's models won't
show up in the administration view which is (IMO) the biggest
advance of Django in comparison to the other frameworks.

[…]
> Leaning towards Data Science Tool, because the tool includes JSON.
>
> What Bokeh interface do you recommend to move meta data from Mappa's to Bokeh?

No idea.

Best regards,
Lars

ltc hotspot

Jun 28, 2015, 8:56:50 AM6/28/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, what is the URL link to install Mappa and to run a few demos. I installed the frame work of Data Science Toolkit on an Azure VM.

Lars Heuer

Jun 28, 2015, 5:11:36 PM6/28/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hal,