Due to refactorings Mappa's trunk may not be stable during the next
I decided to break-up Mappa's monolithic architecture into several
independent pieces and hope that this break-up speeds up the
development process a bit. Each backend and topic map writer will live
in its own sub-project, so it will be possible to plug-in writers /
backends / query languages without updating Mappa's core. I think this
is also useful for bugfixes since I can release a fixed topic map
writer more quickly if I haven't to prepare a release of Mappa's core.
Further, I decided to drop Python 2.3 support completely since it's
hard to remember if feature XY is available in Python 2.3 and to write
a workaround if it's not available.
Since your doing big refactorings at the moment:
any timeframe on when durus and/or rdbms plugin is available?
We are considering using mappa in our project, but need something more
(have tried modding Connection to use ClientStorage, and seems to be
working fine, except for the bug #56: (also with filestorage)
> Since your doing big refactorings at the moment:
> any timeframe on when durus and/or rdbms plugin is available?
I hope that I can finish the work this week. A RDBMS backend is on my
list, but I am unsure when I'll have time to implement it. A query
language has currently a higher priority. Anyway, the Durus backend
will be part of the refactoring and should be available end of this
> We are considering using mappa in our project, but need something more
> than filestorage.
> (have tried modding Connection to use ClientStorage, and seems to be
> working fine, except for the bug #56: (also with filestorage)
Thanks for reporting the bug. I wasn't aware that someone uses the
Durus backend already since it was never 'officially' part of the
I'll have a look what's going wrong there.
Well, more end of this week. I am busy with other stuff and did not
find the time to finish it. Sorry.