rundemo c++ no datasource

Jakub Pawlewicz

Feb 6, 2017, 10:07:08 AM2/6/17
to mapnik
Hi all,

I am newbie in mapnik. At the beginning I just wanted to start with rundemo. I have Ubuntu 16.10. I followed instructions in https://github.com/mapnik/mapnik/wiki/UbuntuInstallation. configure says all requirements are met besides icu support in libboost-regex so `make test` fails on 3 tests. However I installed it anyway. Running
$ ./rundemo /usr/local
results in
  running demo ...
### std::exception: Could not create datasource for type: 'shape' (no datasource plugin directories have been successfully registered)

I believe it is some standard problem but my searches for solutions failed after few hours. So what is the clue?

Jakub

Frederik Ramm

Feb 6, 2017, 12:56:40 PM2/6/17
to map...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 02/06/2017 04:07 PM, Jakub Pawlewicz wrote:
> ### std::exception: Could not create datasource for type: 'shape' (no
> datasource plugin directories have been successfully registered)

Check if you C++ code has something like

mapnik::datasource_cache::instance().register_datasources("plugindir");

where "plugindir" is /usr/lib/mapnik/input or /usr/lib64/mapnik/input or
wherever your input plugins are installed.

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm ## eMail fred...@remote.org ## N49°00'09" E008°23'33"

Jakub Pawlewicz

Feb 6, 2017, 2:30:39 PM2/6/17
to map...@googlegroups.com
Well, it showed up that rundemo from directory demo/c++ should be executed from mapnik soruces root directory. Looking into the code of rundemo.cpp gave me some hint, but it should be probably somewhat better documented in the demo. Thanks.

Jakub