Python-bindings: Change style opacity after map is loaded

Sven Möller

Jan 20, 2021, 3:53:22 AM1/20/21
to mapnik
Is there any chance I can change the opacity of a style (or layer) after the map has been loaded from xml and before rendering?

I see that I can change the status on a layer after loading the map but changing the opacity on styles does not have an effect on rendering.

I need this to work since I need to keep collision detection between active and inactive layers alive so I am trying to set opacity of layers I don't want to show on the map to 0.0.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!