How difficult to migrate django app from using mapnik 2.2.0 to latest mapnik 3 version?

Sergey N

Apr 19, 2021, 1:34:24 PM4/19/21
to mapnik

I have django application written on python 2.7 with mapnik 2.2.0
Now I need to install it on ubuntu 20.04.
It looks like mapnik 2.2.0 can not be compliled on ubuntu 20.04 - syntax is old and does not supported by C++ compiler of ubuntu 20.04.
What are possible solutions of this problem?
1. Does latest version of mapnik support python 2? Is it possible to use it from python 2.7 code? How to setup it on ubuntu 20.04? apt on ubuntu can only install python3-mapnik. How to find python2-mapnik?
2. How difficult to migrate python code from mapnik2 to mapnik3? What changes in source code are needed?

Regards,
Sergey