Introducing Google Map Maker Badges!

Lori Savageau

Nov 21, 2012, 1:23:58 PM11/21/12
to mapmaker-an...@googlegroups.com

Hello Map Makers!

You’ve been working hard to build the most comprehensive world map, and now you can share those accomplishments with the new Google Map Maker Badges! Mappers will now be awarded badges upon completion of particular achievements and milestones. These fun and colorful badges will appear for all to see on your Map Maker Profile, as well as when you hover over a mapper’s username. You will also be able to share them on Google+ and other social media channels.

You can earn badges for everything from making your first edit in Map Maker, to organizing a MapUp event or contributing to Map Makerpedia. Some badges even have stars you can earn for each milestone within a category.

Here’s a preview of just a few of the new badges:

Edit Badge

     Make approved edits on Google Maps. Earn stars for different editing milestones.

Review Badge

Review map changes on Google Map Maker. Earn stars for different reviewing milestones.

MapUp Attendee Badge

Attend a MapUp event. Find out about upcoming events here

For a complete list of badges and how to earn them, be sure to visit our Help Center

On behalf of the entire Map Maker team, we’re proud to give you the recognition you deserve!

Thanks and happy mapping,

Lori Savageau

Map Maker Community Manager