Sat 1/16 2pm - Whose Streets? Our Streets! on community panel

Susan Gleason

Jan 15, 2021, 10:52:29 PM1/15/21
to Core Seattle Greenways Group, SNGboard, rainiervall...@googlegroups.com, beaconhill...@googlegroups.com, DVSS Google Group, westseattlebi...@gmail.com, Central Seattle Greenways, LakeUnion...@googlegroups.com, queenanne...@googlegroups.com, mpgre...@googlegroups.com, montlake-...@googlegroups.com, neseattle...@googlegroups.com, university...@googlegroups.com, Ballard Greenways, greenwood-phi...@googlegroups.com, licton-hall...@googlegroups.com, LakeCity...@googlegroups.com, greenlake...@googlegroups.com, maple-leaf...@googlegroups.com, pinehurst...@googlegroups.com, glwst...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I wanted to forward along this wonderful announcement email that Robert Svercl sent out to the Rainier Valley Greenways-Safe Streets list.

Thank you, Robert!

MLKDayWSOSpanelPromoSocial.png

This is a really exciting moment for Whose Streets? Our Streets! —  and our whole SNG movement. Key folks you'll recognize — SNG board member Phyllis Porter, DVSS leader Peaches Thomas, and longtime volunteer Yes Segura, will all be featured in this panel. And they'll be in incredible company, with folks from Africatown Community Land Trust, CASE 21/Wa Na Wari, and Nurturing Roots. SNG Community Organizer, and WSOS Co-Chair has been instrumental in organizing the MLK Jr Rally and March, and other activities that have been taking place all week.

Not only all of that, but WSOS will be giving a first peek at their community recommendations for how our streets can be safe, thriving places without the use of armed police.

If you haven't already -- please register:

And  help spread the word:

— Susan

Susan Gleason
Development & Communications Director
Seattle Neighborhood Greenways
she/her/hers
tw: @sgleason

Stay connected to Seattle Neighborhood Greenways:

Jan 16, 2021, 3:54:36 PM1/16/21
to Robert Svercl, Core Seattle Greenways Group, SNGboard, Rainier Valley Greenways, beaconhill...@googlegroups.com, DVSS Google Group, westseattlebi...@gmail.com, Central Seattle Greenways, LakeUnion...@googlegroups.com, queenanne...@googlegroups.com, mpgre...@googlegroups.com, montlake-...@googlegroups.com, neseattle...@googlegroups.com, university...@googlegroups.com, Ballard Greenways, greenwood-phi...@googlegroups.com, licton-hall...@googlegroups.com, LakeCity...@googlegroups.com, greenlake...@googlegroups.com, maple-leaf...@googlegroups.com, pinehurst...@googlegroups.com, glwst...@googlegroups.com
Ah, thanks Bob -- credit goes to Phyllis! :-)

Also, thanks to SNG Board Member, and longtime Central Seattle Greenways volunteer/organizer, Merlin Rainwater, for some tremendous outreach on Facebook. And to SNG Board Member Shannon Nichol, for some fabulous promotion on Instagram.

Folks, I hope to see you many of you at this panel today in honor of MLK Jr Day! Let's support our friends and co-organizers, Phyllis Porter, Peaches Thomas, and Yes Segura around this vital mobility justice work. As of yesterday morning 100 people were registered!

Free registration (this gets you the zoom link): bit.ly/2KebkcW

Details about the panel: bit.ly/3oGp3bz

Screenshot Whose Streets Our Streets --Streets For People 2020.png

See you online at 2p!

— Susan

Susan Gleason
Development & Communications Director
Seattle Neighborhood Greenways
she/her/hers
tw: @sgleason

Stay connected to Seattle Neighborhood Greenways:

Credit goes to Phyllis Porter who got the word out initially (that's how I found out). I'm looking forward to the panel today!