Fwd: You're Invited: Virtual Racial Equity Workshop, Sep 9

Clara Cantor

Aug 31, 2021, 2:37:03 PM8/31/21
to Clara Cantor
Hey folks,

Our upcoming Racial Equity Workshop is open to all, regardless of how active you are in your neighborhood group advocacy. Participation is highly encouraged for anyone who is a regular volunteer! RSVP here or see below for details.

Be well,
Clara

Thursday, September 9, 2021
5:30 - 7:30 pm (Virtual Event)

How do we live our racial equity values within our advocacy work and our neighborhood organizing?

Join Seattle Neighborhood Greenways advocates from throughout our grassroots network for our fourth annual internal racial equity workshop on Thursday, September 9, 5:30-7:30pm.

This workshop will focus on how we as a collective can advance anti-racism in our organizing and advocacy. We will spend time learning together, working through challenges in small groups, and caucusing by neighborhood group to draft action steps.

This event is open to anyone within our SNG network of supporters, partners, and allies — whether you are a regular volunteer or not.

Interested in our racial equity work? Check out these other great opportunities:

  1. Join our Racial Equity Workgroup to help us plan events, workshops, and programs. Contact Cl...@SeattleGreenways.org for more info.
  2. Use SNG scholarship funds to attend continued education workshops or trainings for free. Funds are available for any volunteer to attend equity-focused workshops and trainings. Or BIPOC community members can receive sponsorship support to attend workshops and trainings within transportation, urban design, and public space fields. This fund is open to people of color whether or not they are active volunteers within our coalition. Contact Su...@SeattleGreenways.org and see here for more information.

SNG New Volunteer Orientation
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
5:30 - 7:00 pm (Virtual Event)

Join us and learn about how to get involved with Seattle Neighborhood Greenways!

Seattle Neighborhood Greenways is powered by people like you who work to make our streets safer and more comfortable for people of every age, language, ethnicity, gender, race, ability, and income. We want all neighborhoods great places to walk, bike and live — and we need YOU to help make this happen. We have locally organized chapters across the city that offer do-it-yourself advocacy opportunities, community-building events, leadership development, and more.

Come learn about the Seattle Neighborhood Greenways coalition, our local neighborhood groups, and best practices for being an effective advocate in your neighborhood.

This event is geared towards new volunteers, but due to the multi-faceted nature of our work may also be useful to to people who have been a part of our movement for awhile. It is open to all.

If you no longer want to receive SNG emails click here

--
Clara Cantor
she/her/hers

Community Organizer
Seattle Neighborhood Greenways

Clara Cantor

Sep 8, 2021, 12:59:43 PM9/8/21
to Clara Cantor
REMINDER: SNG's Annual Racial Equity Workshop THIS THURSDAY, Sept 9, 5:30 - 7:30 pm.