Fwd: Northgate Bridge: Celebrate the grand opening of the John Lewis Memorial Bridge on Sat., 10/2

1 view

Brock Howell

Sep 20, 2021, 5:46:59 PM9/20/21
to glwst...@googlegroups.com, greenwood-phi...@googlegroups.com, licton-hall...@googlegroups.com, maple-leaf...@googlegroups.com, northgatetr...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Seattle Department of Transportation <Northga...@seattle.gov>
Date: Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 2:37 PM
Subject: Northgate Bridge: Celebrate the grand opening of the John Lewis Memorial Bridge on Sat., 10/2
Northgate Ped/Bike Bridge Project
Update

We're excited to invite you to our grand opening for the John Lewis Memorial Bridge (Northgate Ped/Bike Bridge) on Saturday, October 2!

What to expect
We will be hosting a series of speakers at the west end of the bridge starting at 10 AM, followed by a ribbon cutting and community-led walk, roll, and bike ride towards Sound Transit's new Link light rail station. With Link light rail service also beginning at the Northgate Station on October 2, we encourage you to try out the new transit options.

We hope you'll join us to recognize all those who have made this project possible!

Details

Saturday, October 2
10 AM to noon
On the west side of the John Lewis Memorial Bridge, in the North Lot of North Seattle College (click here for directions)

HOW TO STAY SAFE & ENJOY THE EVENT – COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
We are following public health requirements for COVID-19, including having all City staff wearing masks at the event. According to the Governor’s current mandate, guests must wear masks at all outdoor events regardless of vaccination status. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing throughout the event to keep everyone safe, healthy, and comfortable. Thank you.

Getting there

Walking, biking, or using public transportation is strongly recommended. Sound Transit’s Link light rail begins operating on October 2. You can learn more about Sound Transit’s newest stations by visiting northgatelink.com. Metro routes also serve this location, and you can plan your trip by visiting tripplanner.kingcounty.gov. Parking will be available in the North Lot at North Seattle College.

We hope to see you there!

Darrell Bulmer
Communications and Outreach Lead

Questions or concerns?
Visit our project webpage for more information and updates, or contact us with any questions:
Northga...@seattle.gov
I (206) 905-3620
At the City of Seattle, we are continuing to follow guidance from federal, state, and local leaders and our public health partners regarding COVID-19. To keep our crews and the public safe, we have required all contractors to submit updated jobsite Health and Safety Plans to ensure that they comply with the safety and social distancing requirements in the Governor’s Order.
If you need this information translated, please call (206) 905-3620.

Si necesita traducir esta información al español, llame al (206) 905-3620.

如果您需要此信息翻譯成中文 請致電 (206) 905-3620.

Kung kailangan mo ang impormasyon na ito na nakasalin sa Tagalog mangyari lamang na tumawag sa (206) 905-3620.

3620-905 (206) اذا تريد ترجمة هذه المعلومات, يرجى الاتصال برقم
Our mailing address is:
Seattle Department of Transportation
Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue