TOMORROW: Funding for Vision Zero and more on the line

1 view

Gordon Padelford

May 4, 2021, 8:15:54 PM5/4/21
to Core Seattle Greenways Group
Hey folks,

I'll go straight to the point, for a funding source called the Vehicle Licensing Fee, the City Council is considering whether to accept SDOT's proposal to invest more in safer sidewalks, bike routes, Vision Zero, and bridges, or to go with CM Pedersen's proposal that invests mostly in bridge repair. While we are supportive of increased funding for bridge repair, Seattle is more likely to get state and federal dollars for bridge seismic retrofits than for walking and biking projects. Which is why making sure local dollars go to walk/bike/transit projects is so important.

image.png

If you agree that we need to invest more in Vision Zero, safe crosswalks and sidewalks, and well maintained bike routes, I hope you'll send a quick message or digitally give a public comment at the City Council Transportation Committee tomorrow morning at 9:30. If you haven't given a public comment yet, it's pretty simple. You follow this link up to two hours before the meeting, and send them your contact information. They will then send you information for how to log in and when they call you, you unmute yourself and talk for a minute. It's pretty straightforward and actually a lot easier than having to go to City Hall in person! If you're confused please contact me or Clara for help.

Thank you!

-Gordon

Executive Director
Seattle Neighborhood Greenways