Which bike lanes should Seattle give real protection?

1 view

Gordon Padelford

Jun 30, 2022, 3:25:09 PM6/30/22
Tired of cars parking in a bike lane you use? Want more protection than paint or floppy plastic posts? Thanks to our advocacy, the Seattle Department of Transportation is going to try out some sturdier barrier options for protecting bike lanes, and we need your suggestions for where they should go! Add your suggestions: https://seattlegreenways.org/badbikelanes/

Roy-St-bike-lane-blocking-by-QAGreenways.png

SDOT is looking to test these four different types of barriers:
SDOT options.png

Once they determine which one is most effective, we can hopefully scale this up from the test and upgrade every new and existing bike lane in Seattle. Personally I'm most excited about the Toronto style concrete barriers because they are sturdy, allow water to flow underneath, and can be painted with fun murals by local artists. In the meantime, please submit your ideas and help spread the word on Facebook and Twitter!
Take care,

-Gordon
Executive Director
Seattle Neighborhood Greenways