In workspace, which layer (by number) is which table?

Nicholas G Lawrence

Apr 29, 2021, 8:27:13 PM4/29/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I am trying to diagnose a mal-functioning workspace, there is a problem with the labelling in one of the layers

Variable or Field MR_soilgroup not defined

My suspicion is that the table has changed, and that column “MR_soilgroup” no longer exists.

But I am struggling to detect which table it is

The lines in the workspace only define the layer according to number, not name

  Layer 67

    Display Off

    Global Pen (1,2,8421376) Brush (148,8421376) Symbol (35,0,12) Line (1,2,0) Font ("Arial",0,9,0)

    Label Line None Position Center Font ("Arial",0,9,0) Pen (1,2,0)

      With MR_soilgroup

      Parallel On Auto Off Overlap Off Duplicates On Offset 2

      Visibility On

How do I figure out which table is Layer 67?

Alternatively, can I delete the Label arguments without harm?

Nick Lawrence
Senior Spatial Science Officer | Geospatial Technologies
Engineering & Technology | Transport and Main Roads

Floor 19 | 313 Adelaide Street | Brisbane City Qld 4000
GPO Box 1412 | Brisbane City Qld 4001
P: (07) 30667977
E: nicholas....@tmr.qld.gov.au
W:
www.tmr.qld.gov.au

WARNING: This email (including any attachments) may contain legally
privileged, confidential or private information and may be protected by
copyright. You may only use it if you are the person(s) it was
intended to be sent to and if you use it in an authorised way. No one
is allowed to use, review, alter, transmit, disclose, distribute, print
or copy this email without appropriate authority.

If this email was not intended for you and was sent to you by mistake,
please telephone or email me immediately, destroy any hardcopies of
this email and delete it and any copies of it from your computer
system. Any right which the sender may have under copyright law, and
any legal privilege and confidentiality attached to this email is not
waived or destroyed by that mistake.

It is your responsibility to ensure that this email does not contain
and is not affected by computer viruses, defects or interference by
third parties or replication problems (including incompatibility with
your computer system).

Opinions contained in this email do not necessarily reflect the
opinions of the Department of Transport and Main Roads,
or endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.

Nicholas G Lawrence

Apr 29, 2021, 8:35:04 PM4/29/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

And this is complicated by a lot of the layers sitting inside GroupLayers

Peter Horne

Apr 29, 2021, 11:44:31 PM4/29/21
to MapInfo-L
Hi Nick,
firstly try  put some quotations marks around MR_soilgroup (eg " MR_soilgroup") in the workspace file, save and try to reopen. I have found that this sometimes tricks MAPINFo into thinking everything is OK and the workspace will open.
Also not sure how much mafunctioning is happening, does the workspace file open with that error right at the end or does the workspace "fall over" early and no maps, layouts etc opening up? If the workspace opens up "relatively good", you could open up the mapbasic window in MAPINFO and try selecting some layers and changing label style s(or anything  at all) and see what layer is mentioned in the mapbasic window. That could lead you to the offending layer and hence the offending table.

A couple of things to try.
Thanks
Peter H

Ross Nixon

Apr 30, 2021, 2:50:06 AM4/30/21
to MapInfo-L
Hi Nick

Just replace the line
With MR_soilgroup
with
With col1

It will then open. Check if there is any labelling from that layer to fix afterwards.

Ross