Compatible digitizers list

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

Feb 1, 2023, 9:25:39 AM2/1/23
to MapInfo-L
Where can I get a list of compatible digitizers? I have one that seems to be incompatible.
Thank you.

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Feb 3, 2023, 4:44:01 AM2/3/23
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

It sure has been awhile since I used a digitizer with MapInfo Pro… Probably back in the late 90’s or early 00’s

I remember I tend to use a dedicated driver to connect the digitizer to Windows and so to MapInfo Pro.

Not sure if that really is necessary these days

It was discussed here on GIS StackExchange:

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/151202/using-wacom-tablet-with-mapinfo

Peter

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

Feb 3, 2023, 6:20:32 AM2/3/23
to MapInfo-L
 Tanks Peter, this helps enough!
SGR

El dia divendres, 3 de febrer de 2023 a les 10:44:01 UTC+1, Peter Horsbøll Møller va escriure:

David Sherrod

Feb 3, 2023, 1:57:54 PM2/3/23
to MapInfo-L, sector_...@iies.es
Sergei, I was slow to respond because you were asking for something official--a list of known compatible digitizers--as opposed to anecdotal information about successful digitizers.

I've always used an Intuos digitizer, with its USB connector plugged into my desktop or laptop computers.  All versions of Windows; it never seemed to matter. Goodness, I digitized a fairly complex geologic map while sitting through an 8-hour layover in Dubai, using an Intuos with page-size top. (Nestled nicely in the side flap of my computer case.  I still use it, needing to digitize constantly in my compilation of previously published data when preparing new geologic maps with new field work.

Could it be that your digitizer has some flaw independent of MapInfo.  Seems like digitizers these days are really just another way to manipulate the GUI mouse pointer icon.  That's how I've always done it, georegistering images in MapInfo as wallpaper and then dropping points as I (literally) float the digitizer's stylus over the unit's pad.

Conversations similar to this appeared a decade or more ago on the list but are difficult to find now.

Sincerely,
Dave Sherrod

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

Feb 7, 2023, 5:12:56 AM2/7/23
to MapInfo-L
SOLVED. Thanks Dave for your comment. I have solved my problem with an old Genius NewScketch model (old Summagraphics MM compatible) that uses WINTAB driver.
SGR
El dia divendres, 3 de febrer de 2023 a les 19:57:54 UTC+1, Dave Sherrod va escriure: