Error when launching Mapinfo

Peter Horne

Jul 19, 2022, 5:34:43 PM7/19/22
to MapInfo-L
Good morning,
 i am getting the attached error when i launch Mapinfo. The error is the first thing to come up. This only started occurring yesterday and it appears that Mapinfo thinks the CUST SYMBOLS are being used by another application. When you click cancel on the error it then pops up the next symbol error and so on and so on and so on thru all the symbols. I have checked the C; drive directory and the custom symbol directory appears intact. Have rebooted laptop several times but it keeps happening. Thinking maybe re-install will be the solution, but can't even get to the licence to return it for a re-install
Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Peter H
error.JPG

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Jul 20, 2022, 11:01:17 AM7/20/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
It shouldn’t be necessary to return the license if you reinstall the same version of MapInfo Pro on the same PC.

MapInfo Pro will pick up the existing license. You will have to enter the license details during installation.

If you prefer to return the license you can do this with a command run from the Command Prompt, see the installation guide

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

Den 19. jul. 2022 kl. 23.34 skrev 'Peter Horne' via MapInfo-L <mapi...@googlegroups.com>:

This message originated Externally. Use proper judgement and caution with attachments, links, or responses.

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/cb269ba9-83db-43ec-a22f-d9e85aa4bfc4n%40googlegroups.com.
error.JPG

Peter Horne

Jul 20, 2022, 5:11:25 PM7/20/22
to MapInfo-L
Thanks Peter for info regards the license. I have my IT Dept looking into it as well. My access my have been changed causing the error.

Peter Horne

Jul 20, 2022, 7:58:02 PM7/20/22
to MapInfo-L
Problem solved. Bit of a mystery though, I was trying to establish if it was software, hardware or a "permissions" related issue, so I had another person log on to my laptop and they could successfully launch MAPINFO. Then when I logged back on, miracle of miracles, my issue was solved and I could launch MAPINFO as well.
Thanks

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Jul 21, 2022, 2:39:49 AM7/21/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update, Peter
Might be helpful to someone in the future.

Could have been some process like an antivirus tool that released its lock after signing in or out. Not sure.

Anyway, this solution was faster than reinstalling.