Windows locked in position

Rosario C

Jun 29, 2021, 1:15:05 PM6/29/21
to MapInfo-L
Hello.. not sure if this is a bug or if I'm completely brain dead, but my windows are all locked in position, and I cannot move any of them.. For example, my explorer window cannot be selected so that I can move it to the left side of my screen and dock it there..

The "floating location options" does not appear, and I cannot adjust my window sizes..

Looking for any help.. thanks.

MI.jpg

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Jun 30, 2021, 2:20:17 AM6/30/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Can you try right-clicking on your Quick Access Toolbar and then select Customize Quick Access Toolbar.

In the Customize Ribbon dialog, uncheck Show Quick Access Toolbar below the Ribbon.

Hit OK to see if this makes any difference

Peter Horsbøll Møller

www.precisely.com

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

This message originated Externally. Use proper judgement and caution with attachments, links, or responses.

Hello.. not sure if this is a bug or if I'm completely brain dead, but my windows are all locked in position, and I cannot move any of them.. For example, my explorer window cannot be selected so that I can move it to the left side of my screen and dock it there..

The "floating location options" does not appear, and I cannot adjust my window sizes..

Looking for any help.. thanks.

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/a7d54c9d-bff2-40fe-a29b-15982434ceffn%40googlegroups.com.

Rosario C

Jun 30, 2021, 8:24:27 AM6/30/21
to MapInfo-L
Hi Peter,

I tried that previously, but to no avail. It's really odd..

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Jun 30, 2021, 8:35:10 AM6/30/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, I have never seen that before. Maybe some config files have been corrupted.

Have you tried reaching out to our tech support team?

Rosario C

Jun 30, 2021, 10:50:31 AM6/30/21
to MapInfo-L
Indeed, yes, my next step is to try and uninstall / re-install..

Ill let you know how it works out..

Thanks Peter,

Regards,
Rosario

Rosario C

Jul 2, 2021, 9:19:07 AM7/2/21
to MapInfo-L
after a whole bunch of random clicking around i was able to get my views back to normal.. not sure what actually did the trick, but hope i never have the problem again..

RC