EditText

Louise Kavanagh

Jan 25, 2021, 4:37:48 AM1/25/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

I have a MapBasic program that was originally written for v11 and now needs to run in v19.  I am having trouble displaying a number in an EditText control in a dialog in v19 even though it has been converted to a string.

The code should display a grid reference in the EditText box which can then be edited if required.

Dim input_ngr As String

Input_ngr = STR$(Table.grid_East) + “ “ + STR$(Table.grid_North)

In v11 a grid reference such as 559900 138800 is displayed in the text box.  In v19 the EditText box is blank.

If I put a text string in front as follows:

Input_ngr = “_” + STR$(Table.grid_East) + “ “ + STR$(Table.grid_North)

Then in v19 _559900 138800 is displayed, but obviously I don’t want the “_”

It seems that v19 is still seeing the grid reference as a number even though it’s been converted to a string.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Louise

Louise Kavanagh

Managing Director

apogeelogo-rgb-halfinch

TwitterBird  louise....@apogeedata.co.uk | +44 (0)7736 438822

image001.jpg
image002.jpg

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Jan 26, 2021, 2:00:31 AM1/26/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Good morning Louise

I spoke with Andrei Veselov, Product Architect for MapInfo Pro, yesterday.

He told me that they are looking into three issues that they want to get fixed before release a new build of MapInfo Pro v2019.3.

One of these is the issue you described below with the EditText controls either showing a blank field or sometimes showing a string from MapInfo Pro.

They are working on the last issue and expect to release the new build in February.

I’ll try to keep you posted on the release

Sorry for any inconvenience

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Principal Presales Consultant, Distinguished Engineer

Location Intelligence | MapInfo

M: +45 29 133 769

peter....@precisely.com | Twitter | LinkedIn

www.precisely.com | Knowledge Communities | #MapInfoMonday

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer