Disabling the Close dailog button

Martin Hodder

May 30, 2022, 5:34:26 AM5/30/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone,

I hope you have had a good weekend!

In the dim and distant past I thought there was a method for disabling or hiding the “X” in the top right of a user created dialog, but I can’t find anything. There is a AlterMapinfoDialog but I am not sure if it will work on a user dialog and I have to get the ID of the dialog in any case.

Does anyone know if there is a function to do that or will I have to use the API in some way?

Many thanks

Regards

Martin Hodder

Higher Mapping Solutions

www.highermappingsolutions.com

Peter Horsbøll Møller

May 30, 2022, 12:13:13 PM5/30/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Martin,

Was the trick to not include a title for the dialog?
But I think the user could still cancel the dialog using ESC or similar. At least I seem to recall some pitfalls.
Why do you want to omit the X on the dialog?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

Den 30. maj 2022 kl. 11.34 skrev Martin Hodder <mho...@highermappingsolutions.com>:

This message originated Externally. Use proper judgement and caution with attachments, links, or responses.

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/004c01d87408%246f7be2e0%244e73a8a0%24%40highermappingsolutions.com.

Martin Hodder

May 30, 2022, 12:23:12 PM5/30/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Peter,

Thanks for replying.

There is something odd when the user uses the “X” in v2021 It seems to execute code after

If CommandInfo (CMD_INFO_DLG_OK) then

                ‘Code here is executed here even with the above statement’

End if

When the “X” should be cancel. It is really difficult to replicate it but I have had a user that it has happen to twice.

I thought it was easier to disable the “X” like you can on Map and other windows.

I will try a test program on some of the MI versions to see if I can replicate the issue.