Inserting Object and data into a table

Five Thumbs

Nov 14, 2021, 12:32:30 PM11/14/21
to MapInfo-L
Is there a way to insert both the an object and its related information into a table at the same time?  From the documentation I can find, you can insert an object or you can insert the tabular information, but it seems you can not do it simultaneously.  In the past I have inserted the object, performed a selection for the blank record, and then updated the fields.  This always seemed awkward and I wonder if there is a better, more streamlined way to accomplish it.

James Harvie

Martin Hodder

Nov 14, 2021, 3:06:24 PM11/14/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi James,

You can just specify the word OBJ in the insert clause,

Something like:-

Insert into MYTABLE (COL1,COL2,COL3,OBJ)

Values(VAL1,VAL2,VAL3,OBJECT_Variable)

I hope that makes sense!

Regards

Martin Hodder

Higher Mapping Solutions

www.highermappingsolutions.com

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/cf91f4da-66a8-48f2-b0a4-2c5537682cb7n%40googlegroups.com.

Five Thumbs

Nov 15, 2021, 5:27:55 AM11/15/21
to MapInfo-L
That makes total sense. Thanks for the help
James