Mesages into DocumentWindow Control??

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

Sep 23, 2022, 1:15:24 PM9/23/22
to MapInfo-L
Hi, is there any way to print like in the message window but into a DocumentWindow control in a Dialog?

Thank you
SGR

Reg Halstead

Sep 23, 2022, 1:56:37 PM9/23/22
to MapInfo-L
I'd like to know how to do this too.

If it's possible, I'd also love to be able to use a MapBasic command to export the contents of the print window to a txt file; or better yet, export it to a txt file with a custom extentsion such as ".bat" or ".geojson".

bill....@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2022, 11:08:24 AM9/25/22
to MapInfo-L
You can use this MapBasic function:

GetMessageWinText$() function
Purpose

Returns the text present in the Message window.

Syntax GetMessageWinText$()

property is is the requested property of the script dialog.

Example Dim sRet as string Print "This is a Message" 'send this to Message window sRet = GetMessageWinText$() sRet will contain "This is a Message Return Value

String.

Description

This function returns the text present in the Message window.

Then just export this string to a text file

Reg Halstead

Sep 26, 2022, 10:05:37 AM9/26/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/56c7893d-8c53-4db0-a9ca-586fb5608f56n%40googlegroups.com.

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

Sep 27, 2022, 12:31:39 PM9/27/22
to MapInfo-L
Which is the MapBasic version where appears  GetMessageWinText$() function?? Thank you

El dia dilluns, 26 de setembre de 2022 a les 16:05:37 UTC+2, rah.serv...@gmail.com va escriure:

Uffe Kousgaard

Sep 27, 2022, 1:56:34 PM9/27/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Perhaps mapbasic 2021, since it doesn't seem to be in 2019.

Regards
Uffe Kousgaard

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Sep 28, 2022, 4:44:33 AM9/28/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

It was introduced with MapInfo Pro v2019.3:

https://docs.precisely.com/docs/sftw/mapinfo-pro/v2019-3/en-us/pdf/mapinfo-pro-v2019-3-release-notes.pdf

You can grab MapBasic v2019.3 here:

https://support.precisely.com/product-downloads/item/mapbasic-v2019-3-download/

Peter

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

Sep 28, 2022, 12:47:33 PM9/28/22
to MapInfo-L
Well, thank you. As I am writting code with an old version I solved my problem with an EditText Control (large width-height dimensioned) and the Alter Control statement. It works fine.
SGR
El dia dimecres, 28 de setembre de 2022 a les 10:44:33 UTC+2, Peter Horsbøll Møller va escriure: