Yikes! My MI Pro universe has changed

James Harvie

Feb 22, 2021, 11:12:45 AM2/22/21
to MapInfo-L
My organization has just upgraded from version 12 to 19 of MapInfo Pro.  I used to consider myself a "power user" but I see my universe has change, or at least, everything is in a different place. Is there a a single resource that will get me up and going fast?  I admit I have not looked for any tutorials yet, mostly because I find them difficult to get through since they often assume the user is brand new.

Thanks in advance
James Harvie

Uffe Kousgaard

Feb 22, 2021, 11:48:20 AM2/22/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
A good starting point from CDR Group:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcimHz5s7jc

Regards
Uffe Kousgaard
archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/6a6b80eb-ceab-49de-a724-0c43d32f51d9n%40googlegroups.com.

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Feb 23, 2021, 3:29:16 AM2/23/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

I agree, Uffe, that’s a very good introduction video.

And CDR Group has some more videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO0HcHKKeni1cbO8-Mp3kDw

The Quick Search option will come in handy when looking for the tools you know but just can’t locate.

At Precisely, we are working our way through rebranding the MapInfo Pro videos.

They can be found here as they get ready: https://www.youtube.com/c/PreciselyData/playlists

It’s quite a big jump you have made coming from v12 into v2019.

I think it might be tricky to find one source that will cover the new interface and all the improvements.

Peter Horsbøll Møller

www.precisely.com

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

Feb 23, 2021, 11:04:29 AM2/23/21
to MapInfo-L
Thank you Uffe and Peter.  This has been very helpful.

I have not found terribly difficult so far, however, I am betting I will be running into some road blocks when I get to the raster functionality.  I have been a heavy Vertical Mapper user in the past,  to say the least, it has been a crucial piece of my toolbox.  I fear I may have to finally give up on it.  I am hoping the existing functionality will suffice. I worked at Northwood during its development and became quite fond of it, qwerks and all.

Cheers
James