Transfering Arcmap workspace to Mapinfo Workspace

L Vb

Jan 5, 2023, 4:10:51 AM1/5/23
to MapInfo-L
I want to transfer a Arcmap workspace with vectorisation(shapefiles), attribute table data and georeferenced TIF. scans to a Mapinfo 19 workspace. Is this possible, beceause when i try i can only transfer the shapefiles.

PS: see picture for more context.

Arcmap workspace.png

L Vb

Jan 5, 2023, 4:15:08 AM1/5/23
to MapInfo-L
*This screenshot is more clear.

Op donderdag 5 januari 2023 om 10:10:51 UTC+1 schreef L Vb:
Afbeelding2.jpg

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Jan 5, 2023, 5:01:03 AM1/5/23
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I assume the problem relates to the georeferences TIFF files, right?

I’m not sure how ArcGIS stores the georeferences for the TIFF files.

MapInfo Pro would be able to get to the georeferences if they are stored in the TIFF (making them a GeoTIFF) or if the georeferences are stored in a World File (TFW). Can you create the TFW file from within ArcMap?

Peter

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

Jan 5, 2023, 5:44:13 AM1/5/23
to MapInfo-L
Thank you for your reply. Yes,  the problem relates to the georeferences TIFF. In the Appandix you can see how the Tiff is stored on my computer from Arcmap.

Louis

Op donderdag 5 januari 2023 om 11:01:03 UTC+1 schreef Peter Horsbøll Møller:
Tiff_1.png

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Jan 5, 2023, 7:07:32 AM1/5/23
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

It seems there is a difference between georefering and rectifying an image in ArcGIS:

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/87101/georeferenced-tif-files-can-tfw-files-be-created-from-tfwx-files-arcgis-9-3

There doesn’t seem to be an easy way from the TFWX files to a TFW.

Maybe someone else on the list here has experience with this?