How to create 3D building map within MapInfo

Christa Rickard

Aug 18, 2021, 10:01:16 AM8/18/21
to MapInfo-L
I have MapInfo Pro with Raster and have created some nice viewsheds. I've also tagged individual building polygons with 1/0 flags identifying those within LoS based on the viewshed. My client has a map from some other project in which the building polygons are seen in 3D, shaded by visible/blocked, with the buildings at various heights based on LiDAR elevation and the map is angled obliquely to better see the 3D buildings.

Can I duplicate that within MapInfo? From what I've read, I need to create a grid file in order to create a 3D map, but I don't believe I can grid a polygon (at least I haven't been able to do it or find documentation on how to do it).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.