MapBasic 2019 Dotnet Samples

ICW Keith

Dec 18, 2020, 2:18:11 PM12/18/20
to MapInfo-L

It has been a while since I have worked with 64 bit products MapInfo/MapBasic.  I have started from the beginning in attempting to use the RibbonCustomization DotNet Sample.  First off when I open the Project File it adds all of the Dotnet Projects in at the same time.  This was unexpected.  upon trying to compile the Project I Name Space errors that I was able to correct the pathing in refererences.   The installs were all default installs.  Are these DotNet Samples supposed to work out of the box?  I did not plan on getting in the middle of a debug session.  Any assistance in a working example of the Ribbon Customization for MapInfo 2019/MapBasic 2019/Visual Studio 2017/>NET 4.7.2 would be appreciated.

ICW Keith

Dec 18, 2020, 2:38:33 PM12/18/20
to MapInfo-L
Okay, I removed all other Projects except for RibbonCustomization and saved Project as RibbonCustoomizationOnly.csProj.  Alone the RibbonCustomizationOnly.csProj project compiles.

Marijan

Dec 29, 2020, 3:16:31 AM12/29/20
to MapInfo-L
Hello Keith,

I think you need to add reference to MapInfo dll-s included in each project. If you expand 'Reference'  in Solution Explorer, you will see all references needed, and some of them will have a warning sign next to them (usually MapInfo.Types, MapInfo.Events....). If this is the case, then right click on 'Reference' -> 'Add reference', on left side click 'Browse', then click 'Browse...' button, from here navigate to MapInfo installation folder (C:\Program Files\MapInfo\Professional) and select dll you need.

ICW Keith

Dec 30, 2020, 2:19:52 PM12/30/20
to MapInfo-L
Marijian,

Eventually I will try it again,  I am picking up where I left of with a much earlier set of code from around 2017.

I was anxious to try the samples and did not realize all of the dot net projects get loaded at once.

All projects at once is certainly a bit overwhelming for not looking at the 64 bit MapInfo/MapBasic/Dot Net samples for a 3 years.

I would bet some changes have been made to further refine/enhance/improve the 2019 products offered by precisely.

Thank you for your response !

Keith Tozier
International Computer Works, Inc.