MapInfo 32 Bit Version 15 stops working after windows definition update

Giles Sutton

Jul 29, 2021, 5:12:20 AM7/29/21
to MapInfo-L
Hi,

I turned my PC on this morning (Windows 10 pro) and MapInfo Version 15.03 32 Bit has stopped working (The 64 bit version still works.).  A dialogue box with

"The operating system is not presently configured to run this application"

appears and it cannot be closed.

There was a Microsoft definition update version 1.343.1846.0 last night which appears not to be uninstallable

This appears to / may have triggered the error.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem and is there a work around?

Thanks,

Giles

Thị Nguyễn Văn

Jul 29, 2021, 5:32:16 AM7/29/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have the same problem with MapInfo 12.0 then I have solved the problem by reinstalling Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 and it worked fine.
You can try this,

Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Good luck,

Thi NV

Vào Th 5, 29 thg 7, 2021 vào lúc 16:12 Giles Sutton <gi...@gsecology.co.uk> đã viết:
archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/62f33547-c9d0-4a96-b114-faad70b7e1c4n%40googlegroups.com.

--
Nguyễn Văn Thị (Msc)
Department of Remote Sensing Application in Forestry

Giles Sutton

Jul 29, 2021, 5:59:12 AM7/29/21
to MapInfo-L
Thanks Thi,

That works.

For others experiencing the same problem it was the same issue as the last time and the fix is
All the best,

Giles