Reset query numbers on close all

Matthew Hirsch

Mar 2, 2021, 11:02:04 PM3/2/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

I am dealing with some old MB code that did not name queries so everything is query 1,2,3 etc.

The problem is in the script, it closes everything and then assumes the queries will reset back to 1.

I am not seeing that happen.   Is there some setting that will do this or a command to reset the query numbers?

Thank you.

Matthew Hirsch

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Mar 3, 2021, 2:38:13 AM3/3/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Matthew

My initial thought was that the counter was session-based but when I tried it, it seems to get reset when I close all.

My test was however very basic.

  1. Open one table
  2. Select one record from that table and show Selection in a browser. This renamed Selection to Query1
  3. Close All
  4. Repeat.

It’s certainly isn’t enough to just close the queries.

Do you have the source code for the script?

If you do, I’d recommend selecting into a named query, or at least use SelectionInfo to get a static name for the Selection

Peter Horsbøll Møller

www.precisely.com

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer