Is it possible to add popup image in mapinfo?

kitex

Sep 4, 2012, 8:07:38 AM9/4/12
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
I saw some feature in GGIS like adding a popup image which is quite useful. Can we have popup Image in mapinfo?

e.j.h.polle

Sep 4, 2012, 8:22:26 AM9/4/12
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kitex,

The closest you will get to a popup image in MapInfo Professional is by using the hotlink functionality - if you click on the hotlink (pointing to the image) the image will be opened in an external image viewer.

BR,

Egge-Jan

kitex

Sep 4, 2012, 9:59:41 PM9/4/12
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks but hot link will open new window :)  I want it as popup. I guess it's nice feature though.

Nathan Woodrow

Sep 5, 2012, 5:39:25 AM9/5/12
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
:)

MEHMET HINC

Sep 5, 2012, 6:58:08 AM9/5/12
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Yes you can do this with mapbasic application.

add button to your application , and call this subroutine (example)

Sub About
if Not FileExists(ApplicationDirectory$( )+"Logo.TAB") Then
 Note "Logo Not Found"
 exit sub
end if
Open Table ApplicationDirectory$( )+"Logo.TAB"
sLogoTab = TableInfo(0, TAB_INFO_NAME)

Dialog Title "About" Calling Map_logo Width 220 Height 60
Control DocumentWindow ID 2 Position 140, 5 Width 80 Height 40
Control StaticText title "Author: me" Position 5,10
Control StaticText title "xxx" Position 5,20
Control StaticText title "E-Mail: xxxxxx" Position 5,30
Control OKButton Position 80,43

Close Table sLogoTab
End Sub

Sub Map_logo
Dim iHwnd As Integer
iHwnd = ReadControlValue(2)

Set Next Document Parent iHwnd Style WIN_STYLE_CHILD
Map from sLogoTab
End Sub

:)
archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en