Europe Boundary Data

Louise Kavanagh

Sep 29, 2022, 5:03:52 AM9/29/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

Not specifically related to MapInfo but I’m wondering if anyone can help.  I’m trying to source the country boundaries of Europe for a potential project.  Does anyone know of a free data source?  The only hits I am getting when searching online include lots of other data and administrative boundaries but I simply just need the country boundaries.

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,

Louise

Louise Kavanagh

Managing Director

  louise....@apogeedata.co.uk | +44 (0)7736 438822 | Subscribe

image001.jpg
image002.jpg

Uffe Kousgaard

Sep 29, 2022, 5:32:07 AM9/29/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can try the ADM0 level here:
https://www.geoboundaries.org/downloadCGAZ.html

Regards
Uffe Kousgaard
archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/007601d8d3e2%245e187380%241a495a80%24%40apogeedata.co.uk.

Seb

Sep 29, 2022, 6:05:46 AM9/29/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Louise,

This is a good source of official boundaries at different administrative levels.

Cheers

Seb

Seb

Sep 29, 2022, 6:07:20 AM9/29/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry should have added the NUTS0 should do the trick.

Cheers

Uffe Kousgaard

Sep 29, 2022, 8:19:04 AM9/29/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

That is EU + a bit more, but not all of Europe.

Regards
Uffe

Martin Hodder

Sep 29, 2022, 10:18:13 AM9/29/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi louise,

Just to join in with all the data sources.

I have used this one in the past for country boundaries:-

https://www.orrbodies.com/resource/world-250k-coastlinepolitical-map/

Just one to add to your list!

Regards

Martin Hodder

Higher Mapping Solutions

www.highermappingsolutions.com

--

image003.jpg
image004.jpg

Seb

Sep 29, 2022, 10:36:55 AM9/29/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Uffe,

That's a very good point oops. :-)

Eurostat also have a bunch of country boundary files here as well which cover countries outwith of the EU+ including North Africa and parts of Russia. See image below.

Cheers

image.png

Louise Kavanagh

Sep 30, 2022, 5:07:32 AM9/30/22