Default Directories Preferences

Rob Tozier

May 7, 2021, 1:04:16 PM5/7/21
to MapInfo-L

Hello and good day, I recently saw a PowerPoint created by Peter Moller, titled “Using Map Basic to modify your user interface”.  While being an older presentation I found it very informative.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could locate code that would assist me in being able to change the information for Default Directories.  When working on different mapping projects I always have to go into the settings to change default directories.  I would like to create a script that will allow me to change the settings with a simple click or execution of an mbx.

Mapinfo>Options>Preferences>Directory Preferences

Thank you in advance for your assistance regarding this matter.

Rob

Peter Horsbøll Møller

May 10, 2021, 1:23:55 AM5/10/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rob

Have a look at the Set Path statement:

Set Path current_path_id path

current_path_id is one of the following values:

        PREFERENCE_PATH_TABLE (0)

        PREFERENCE_PATH_WORKSPACE (1)

        PREFERENCE_PATH_MBX (2)

        PREFERENCE_PATH_IMPORT (3)

        PREFERENCE_PATH_SQLQUERY (4)

        PREFERENCE_PATH_THEMETHEMPLATE (5)

        PREFERENCE_PATH_MIQUERY (6)

        PREFERENCE_PATH_NEWGRID (7)

        PREFERENCE_PATH_CRYSTAL (8)

        PREFERENCE_PATH_GRAPHSUPPORT (9)

        PREFERENCE_PATH_REMOTETABLE (10)

        PREFERENCE_PATH_SHAPEFILE (11)

        PREFERENCE_PATH_WFSTABLE (12)

        PREFERENCE_PATH_WMSTABLE (13)

To change the path for tables, use this statement:

Set Path PREFERENCE_PATH_TABLE "C:\Temp\"

Remember to include MapBasic.def in your source file or use the numbers in ().

And you can use this function to query the current path:

Print GetCurrentPath$(PREFERENCE_PATH_TABLE)

Note that this only changes the paths temporarily.

It doesn’t change the preferences/update the paths in the preference file.

When you close down MapInfo Pro and start it again, the paths will be reset.

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Principal Presales Consultant, Distinguished Engineer

Location Intelligence | MapInfo

M: +45 29 133 769

peter....@precisely.com | Twitter | LinkedIn

www.precisely.com | Knowledge Communities | #MapInfoMonday

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer