Mapinfo Pro 2021 Rejecting License Number

Collin Landis

Nov 17, 2021, 2:38:36 AM11/17/21
to MapInfo-L
Hi everyone, I'm trying to install Mapinfo Pro 2021 (upgrading from 2019 v3) but when I use the licensing information I got when I purchased 2019 v3 it says my serial number is bad. Do I need an updated serial number in some way?

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Nov 17, 2021, 2:42:25 AM11/17/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Collin

Yeah, you need a dedicated serial# for v2021.

It would say 2100 instead of 1900 inside the string.

Have you not received an email with any license details from Precisely yet?

Until you do, you can use the trial period and then activate it when you get the new serial#

Peter Horsbøll Møller

www.precisely.com

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

Nov 17, 2021, 9:38:03 AM11/17/21
to MapInfo-L
Thanks for the heads up Peter! No, I have not seen a new serial come through yet, but now I know to be watching for it.