MapInfo 10.5 an license server

Birgit B. Bisgaard

Dec 20, 2010, 7:30:11 AM12/20/10
to MapInfo-L
Hi

I have just received a new package with MapInfo 10.5 from our IT-
department.
But I cannot get connected to the license server.
Do I need to upgrade my license server - and if so - do I need any
software?

Birgit

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Dec 20, 2010, 9:02:13 AM12/20/10
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Birgit,
No, you can use the License Server Utility (LSU) from v10 with 10.5.
Just make sure that you have activated your v10.5 licenses in the LSU before starting a client running MapInfo Pro v10.5.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Pitney Bowes Business Insight - MapInfo

2010/12/20 Birgit B. Bisgaard <bir...@rm.dk>
archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

Peter Schack Madsen

Jan 18, 2011, 2:27:31 PM1/18/11
to MapInfo-L
We are about to upgrade from MapInfo Professional 10.0 to 10.5

For a period, I want to have 10.0 installed on some PCs and 10.5 on
other PCs.

Is it possible to use the same license server for both 10.0 and 10.5

I do not find any description in the '10.5' or 'license server'
documentation.

I guess there may be a problem, as I have to activate the server
license again for 10.5, and thus i am afraid the 10.0 activation may
be cancelled?

On 20 Dec. 2010, 15:02, Peter Horsbøll Møller <mapinf...@horsboll-
> >http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -
>
> - Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

Søren Breddam

Jan 18, 2011, 2:51:19 PM1/18/11
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is possible. Just activate your new license :)

Jan 19, 2011, 7:16:36 AM1/19/11
to MapInfo-L
I get an error when I try to activate the new license from my license
server

The error msg. is: "Activation failed: Invalid activation ID"

I have tried several times, so there is no risk that I have mistyped
either serial number or activation code.

I also tried to return all licenses belonging to 10.0 before trying to
activate 10.5, but the error msg. is the same.

Has anyone been able to activate the 10.5 license from the license
server that was delivered together with version 10.0?

Any suggestions - or do I have to contact PB directly?

On 18 Jan., 20:51, Søren Breddam <Sor...@stevns.dk> wrote:
> Yes, it is possible. Just activate your newlicense:)

Eric Blasenheim

Jan 19, 2011, 11:39:37 AM1/19/11
to MapInfo-L
Do you know for sure that the license server was activated to the new
licenses? Who controls the license server in your organization? Can
you see if the 10.5 licenses are listed?

Eric Blasenheim
PBBI (MapInfo)

> > > - Vis tekst i anførselstegn -
>
> > --
>
> > - Vis tekst i anførselstegn -- Hide quoted text -

Peter Schack Madsen

Jan 19, 2011, 1:28:25 PM1/19/11
to MapInfo-L
I control the license server. And I tried several times to activate
the new licenses.
I am not sure what you mean in "Can you see if the 10.5 licenses are
listed?"
Where should they be listed?
The MapInfo 10.0 licenses are listed in the "PB license server utility
program"

By the way, I am now in contact with PB Denmark.

> > > --
>
> > > - Vis tekst i anførselstegn -- Hide quoted text -

Søren Breddam

Jan 19, 2011, 5:54:21 PM1/19/11
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Like this: