Leaving the Group

Peter Horne

Jan 26, 2023, 10:08:51 PM1/26/23
to MapInfo-L
Hi to all MAPINFO-L people. Today is my last day of employment and I'm heading into retirement. I have been involved in the spatial industry for the last 43+ years. Back when there were no computers and GIS software packages were not even imagined. Simple maps took anywhere between 3-6 months to make, working on light tables, with parrallel rulers, plotting B&Ds from survey plans or compiling base sheets for topo maps using stereo plotters. How things have changed, we now have mapping tables linked to DBs, dedicated web sites where all most any spatial data set you can think of can be downloaded for free and complex maps (impossible to even imagine in the "old days") taking all of an hour or 2 to make.
As a daily consumer, question asker and sometimes question answerer of the M-L , this site is THE BEST. Long may it live and continue to help both newbies, experienced users and everyone in between that uses the best GIS software - MAPINFO.
thanks to all
Peter H (no not that Peter H, the other one, who lives in Australia)

Apogee Data

Jan 27, 2023, 8:53:06 AM1/27/23
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Best of luck Peter, thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Jan 2023, at 03:08, 'Peter Horne' via MapInfo-L <mapi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/f390e385-a874-4885-a8df-6433dd10b3d7n%40googlegroups.com.

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Jan 27, 2023, 9:00:08 AM1/27/23
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

All the best, Peter.

And best wishes for your new career 😊

Peter HM

PS: Wondering how many Peter H’s we have on the MapInfo-L?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

Jan 27, 2023, 5:34:25 PM1/27/23
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Best of luck Peter, enjoy your retirement, hopefully lazing around on Queensland beaches! 😉

Tim

Peter Horne

Feb 3, 2023, 4:21:41 AM2/3/23
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Cheers Tim. Actually no good om beaches in cairns in summer. But lazing around in some clear freshwater streams does the trick